New member from continent.

New to the forum? Tell us a bit about yourself here :)

Moderators: guru, SJG

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New member from continent.

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:00 pm

Hello everybody i am Marc and a Rover 800 fan. Sins 2009 i drive a 1989 827 Vitesse in great condition with only 80 000km (45 000 miles) on the clock.

On the outside and in the engine room it looks like a 3 year old car!! Most of the credit has to go to the previous owner, i only have to proceed were
he left of. I am going to be a sailor so i will not use my Rover as an every day car.

The car came from Switserland and via a German dealer i imported her to the Netherlands where it turns many heads.

Greetings from Holland!!!
Last edited by Marc-827-Vitesse on Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.
1982 Rover 3500 Vanden Plas.

SJG
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New member from continent.

Post by SJG » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:54 pm

Hello Marc, Welcome to the site.

Check out how to load pictures so you can show us your car.

Good luck with your job.

Speaking of which where is Job? (Another person based in Holland) He has not been around much recently.
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

simon
Rover Guru

Post by simon » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:08 pm

Hello and welcome to the site.
Simon & Jane.

Rover 825sd 229,000.
Rover SD1 V8 VDP 126,000 will get running this year.
2 rover 75's

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:11 am

Hi Marc, welcome to the site. I spoke to you via Flickr. Your car is in a truely amazing condition. Allow me to leave a picture of your car which is also a link to your Flickr photostream:

Click on the picture to see more pics of his car.

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:19 am

Wow, that is nice. Welcome to the forum - we have one or two other member from the Netherlands on the forum
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:42 am

Welcome aboard the flagship.
Another member from Holland a club run over there might be interesting?

Car looks fab

Kate :D

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:08 am

Lord Sterling wrote:Hi Marc, welcome to the site. I spoke to you via Flickr. Your car is in a truely amazing condition. Allow me to leave a picture of your car which is also a link to your Flickr photostream:

Click on the picture to see more pics of his car.
Thank you all for the warm welcome!!! And thanks to lord sterling for helping out with the pictures. Last night i was having difficutly uploading images.

Simon Hubbard : My job has not acutualy started yet, i am still at school. I finished medium level Maritieme officer so i am allowed to sail even the big boys. But now i continue to a little higher level. So when i maybe stop sailing in the very distant future it is easyer to find a shorebased job. Were the other dutch member is I do not know but I am from Rotterdam.

In my country the 800 is very very rare, just over 350 cars are listed on the roads. My car has been in a classic dutch car magazine and a few years ago i went to England to visit the musea and especially Gaydon. The picture that Lord Sterling added is my car at British Cars and Lifestyle, the biggest British car show here. It got many compliments from boy racers, young / old couples and Jensen /TVR owners.

I want to keep it in this al original condition, and maybe one day i can park a SD1 next to it in my dream garage!
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.

threelitre
Regular Visitor

Post by threelitre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi Marc,

I've seen your car (and possibly you) a couple of times. When the above picture was taken, my Innocenti IM3 was parked one corner further. My brother has a similar Vitesse, but that is currently decorated and used to lead banger rallys from Munich to Spain (was somewhere else on this forum) - with a stint to Istanbul included once. Being so rare, I am tempted to have it when its services are no longer needed... Rare being relative - the Netherlands surely have many more Rover 800s than Germany - which I think is a good thing, as I like those British car meets in the Netherlands for the reason that there are plenty of interesting cars around that are not MGBs, Jag E-Types or TR5s...

Alexander
More cars then sense.... :)

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:12 pm

threelitre wrote:Hi Marc,

I've seen your car (and possibly you) a couple of times. When the above picture was taken, my Innocenti IM3 was parked one corner further. My brother has a similar Vitesse, but that is currently decorated and used to lead banger rallys from Munich to Spain (was somewhere else on this forum) - with a stint to Istanbul included once. Being so rare, I am tempted to have it when its services are no longer needed... Rare being relative - the Netherlands surely have many more Rover 800s than Germany - which I think is a good thing, as I like those British car meets in the Netherlands for the reason that there are plenty of interesting cars around that are not MGBs, Jag E-Types or TR5s...

Alexander
Hi Alexander,

Its possible that you have seen me, i am quite tall (2meters), i was wearing a Austin-Rover polo and was almost constant alongside my car. The picture was taken by my brother. I will check my pictures from the event and look for your car. Your brothers car, I believe i know it, is it the one with my color and white stripes? I always thought that Rover 800's in Germany where preserved better than in the Netherlands. The Germans had a bigger model range than the Dutch and they are more punctual in maintenance.

If you want to see a lot of rare British cars than you have to visit AUTOJUMBLE WAALWIJK. The coolest thing is that you can hear the engines run and see them moving.
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:48 pm

welcome marcus. a beautiful looking car, storm grey i think? i had one the same 1990 in stone grey and seeing yours in such fantastic condition hurts that i sold mine. i envy you owning such a beauty. WELCOME
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:06 pm

Hello, Quite Tall Marc

It is very nice to see an early Mark 1 Vitesse in such great condition. Well done.

Very Tall Brad
No longer an 800 owner!

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:45 am

rovercoup wrote:welcome marcus. a beautiful looking car, storm grey i think? i had one the same 1990 in stone grey and seeing yours in such fantastic condition hurts that i sold mine. i envy you owning such a beauty. WELCOME
Hi Rovercoup,

A Rover 820 coupe, very nice, they were not sold in my country but only as a 2,7. Is yours the turbo version (Vitesse) or the non turbo (Sterling) version?

My color is STEEL GREY, I looked it up in my color and trim brochure, the car was originally pulsar silver and has been professionally resprayed by previous owner in Switserland.

Greetings Marc.
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.

threelitre
Regular Visitor

Post by threelitre » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:55 am

Hi Marc,

the grey one with the white stripes it is - have you seen it on the parking in Rosmalen a couple of years ago? Or on pictures either here or on AROnline.co.uk? I think mechanically and body-wise it is quite sound, cosmetically - no idea, but it has niggles like windows or door lock barrels disappearing into doors...

I know the event in Waalwijk and have been there a number of times over the last 15 years (with 3litre, Maestro, Maxi, Rover 114) - the last time was two years ago with Karin's VP 1300. Your car was visible across the field from where we parked... It is a small world after all!

Alexander
More cars then sense.... :)

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:13 pm

threelitre wrote:Hi Marc,

the grey one with the white stripes it is - have you seen it on the parking in Rosmalen a couple of years ago? Or on pictures either here or on AROnline.co.uk? I think mechanically and body-wise it is quite sound, cosmetically - no idea, but it has niggles like windows or door lock barrels disappearing into doors...

I know the event in Waalwijk and have been there a number of times over the last 15 years (with 3litre, Maestro, Maxi, Rover 114) - the last time was two years ago with Karin's VP 1300. Your car was visible across the field from where we parked... It is a small world after all!

Alexander
Hi Alexander,

I did see it a few years ago at Rosmalen (took plenty pictures of it), it was parked near a Monza red SD1 Vitesse which was owned by a member of our Rover club Holland. I red the story on aronline as well about your brother's Vitesse and his journey across the continent's.

The only cosmetic flaw that I noticed was rust below the rear spoiler, but otherwise a sound and complete automobile!!

The next time you are in Waalwijk come to the Rover stand, most probably i will be there, or I will keep a lookout for your cool cars so we can talk.

Marc.
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:53 pm

Marc-827-Vitesse wrote:
rovercoup wrote:welcome marcus. a beautiful looking car, storm grey i think? i had one the same 1990 in stone grey and seeing yours in such fantastic condition hurts that i sold mine. i envy you owning such a beauty. WELCOME
Hi Rovercoup,

A Rover 820 coupe, very nice, they were not sold in my country but only as a 2,7. Is yours the turbo version (Vitesse) or the non turbo (Sterling) version?

My color is STEEL GREY, I looked it up in my color and trim brochure, the car was originally pulsar silver and has been professionally resprayed by previous owner in Switserland.

Greetings Marc.
Hi Marcus, i was very lucky to get this car it is a 2.0 litre turbo T series engine but wasnt badged as vitesse as 94. on my log book it says SPORT as the 2.0 ltr wasnt released in the uk till 96 and from the history i've managed to get it appears to be a devolpment/show car and owned by rover engineering but as to exactley what still to find out. i had forgot about steel grey colour but it looks great and a credit to whoever sprayed it.
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05