New member, Melbourne - Australia

New to the forum? Tell us a bit about yourself here :)

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ariddell
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New member, Melbourne - Australia

Post by ariddell » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:46 am

Hey,
New member here in Melbourne, Australia and just added a mk1 827 Sterling to my collection of assorted vehicles.

Currently a bit tired looking as a result of having been standing for considerable time, but as cars don't get subjected to the ravages of rust as badly out here the only corrosion is a small spot at the bottom of one front wing just behind the wheel.

The interior is lovely, leather in spotless condition, all the wood is good and the dash hasn't been destroyed or cracked by UV.

I don't think many of these were sold in Australia, see occasional Vitesse still getting around and for sale occasionally but this is the first sedan I have seen.

Anyway, looking forward to bringing it back to its former glory and enjoying.

Rgds,

Al

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Re: New member, Melbourne - Australia

Post by Richard Moss » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:06 am

Welcome to the forum Al - good luck with the car (which looks pretty decent, I must say).
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

vito
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by vito » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:13 am

Welcome...... lovely car
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:45 pm

Welcome to the forum Al
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Welcome and great car!
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.
1982 Rover 3500 Vanden Plas.

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:57 pm

A warm welcome to you down under cobber.

A nice looking Sterling you have and in my favourite colour combo of two tone white diamond over gunmetal. How many miles has she clocked?
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

ariddell

Post by ariddell » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:19 am

Cheers guys, showing 197,000km on the clock, although on its 2nd engine I believe.

It's actually a really solid car the further I get into it. I've got it up on the hoist at the moment and no rust underneath, all ball joints and bushes are in good condition and aside from an oil leak that looks to be from the front bank rocker cover it's even pretty dry.

On the downside it seems the engine is quite smokey and the oil was rather sparklier than I'd hoped with metal particles visible. As such I suspect another engine swap may be in its future, although thankfully Honda Legends were a pretty decent seller out here so C27A lumps are easily available. Will see how it goes with a new air filter, plugs, oil change etc before making a call on that one.