Hi from NZ ~ 1993 827SLi ~ Help with Rover 800 Owners Club

New to the forum? Tell us a bit about yourself here :)

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Citroen CX

Hi from NZ ~ 1993 827SLi ~ Help with Rover 800 Owners Club

Post by Citroen CX » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:08 am

Hi from New Zealand,

From the proud owner of a 1993 Rover 827 SLi sedan automatic.
Nordic Blue paintwork with Dark Granite leather trim.

Help requested about a glitch with my attempt to pay online for a Years Membership of the Rover 800 Owners Club Ltd. ??
On 19th January 2016.
PayPal has made the payment but I wasn't returned to the car club website to collect a membership number.
I used the contact form on the club website but have not heard back from anyone as yet.

Any suggestions on a human I can contact in this new (?) car club to put this matter right ?

Thank-you for your attention which is very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Nick Rogers
Auckland New Zealand.
(member of the Rover Car Club of Auckland Inc. )
http://www.aucklandrover.org.nz/
Are we there yet ?

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: Hi from NZ ~ 1993 827SLi ~ Help with Rover 800 Owners Cl

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:23 am

Welcome aboard Nick! The club is a relatively recent thing and was formed as an official club by some members, the rest of the members on the forum regard it as the club anyway.

That aside, there is a member on here memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1399 Tonewheeldude called Darren that is involved to some extent - i don't know fully how much he is involved and i hope i haven't volunteered him in error (apologies if so Darren!) but he should hopefully be able to point you in the right direction.

However in the meantime that doesn't help you any! I have heard from others who have joined the club that your experience is par for the course and it will be all sorted out in the near future. The club as i say is very much in its infancy run by people who have day jobs and other commitments so please be patient with them.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have though, we're generally a helpful bunch on here and if one person doesn't know, there's usually a dozen that do!
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

traineefarmer
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by traineefarmer » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:24 am

Hi Nick, I had more or less the same problem as you. The club seems to be having a few teething issues, but they do get round to sending packs out eventually. Several members of the club committee are regulars on here so you post will be spotted and replied to soon. Give it a "bump" in a few days if you haven't heard anything.

In the meantime, welcome to the forum. Why not start an introduction thread to tell us about your cars, it would be great to have another NZ member.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by tonewheeldude » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:14 pm

Hi Sorry for the delay Nick, I will change settings here to send email to me in the future (I did not notice I had a PM). If you tried to contact the club via www.rover800.org.uk, well, they switched to the new website on the 24th January and I had not realised the forms were not sending emails to the relavent people (a compatibility issue with the hosting company). That problem has now been resolved and the site works properly. The sign up procedure has now been made easier (I hope its easier anyway)

With regards to sending packs outside of the UK, I will forward this to the membership secretary - Its not something we had considered and not even sure the postage would be covered by the membership fee. (Definately something the club must talk about at the next meeting though). All those involved with the club are 800 owners and volunteers, so we decided to put on the website "allow 28 days for delivery".

Also you can contact the club by email: info@rover800.org.uk
That goes to a constantly monitored account and is then forwarded to the correct person to handle the email.

Once again - appologies for not responding sooner, and for the website form issues.
Rover 825 Sterling Diesel Coupe (1999)

Citroen CX

Hi from NZ ~Now received Rover 800 Club Memb. Pack last week

Post by Citroen CX » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:42 am

Greetings,
Re:- Hi from New Zealand ~
Now received Rover 800 Owners Club Membership Pack in the mail last week.

On Wednesday 3rd February 2016.

I joined just to support the new club. Iam Member #38.
Perhaps any Club Newsletters could be just emailed to me,
so the club doesn't lose a fortune on postage to New Zealand.

Many thanks,
Nick Rogers
1993 Rover 827 SLi sedan ~ Nordic Blue.
Are we there yet ?

vectrolosys

Post by vectrolosys » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:28 am

Hi There,

I have emailed you directly, as the pack has been sent, apologies if it has not been received, I'll resend the pack. I have also mailed you a copy of the newsletter.

Apologies for any issues caused, and thank you for your support :). I would be interested in featuring your cars in a future edition of the newsletter.

Best Regards,

James