MK1 doors and panels

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
vectrolosys
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

MK1 doors and panels

Post by vectrolosys » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:00 pm

Hello,

It's been a while since I last posted, so I hope everyone is well.

I am currently trying to collect a few panels for my early Mk1 Sterling 2.7 . I am after, ideally, a pair of front doors. I am also interested in any other Mk1 panels, particularly a rust free bonnet.

Thanks in advance,

James

MG Mal
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: MK1 doors and panels

Post by MG Mal » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:45 am

Check out rimmer bros web site, they currently have New Mk1 panels on the clearance listing.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID004581

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Post by BlueRover » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:27 am

Isn't the "early" 800 on Rimmers '91 to '96 ? It seems like the code for the doors is for RS cars suggesting the Mk2 so the interior mounting points for the window etc are slightly different to the Mk1.
If you just want the skin then it would probably be ok but the whole door assembly may not be.
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

vectrolosys

Post by vectrolosys » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:45 am

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, I have evaluated the Rimmer Bros doors, but they do appear to be Mk2 items, so the outer trim strip is in a different position, etc. ideally, I am after the complete doors. Ahh well :), I will keep looking.

James

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:59 am

I've had this conversation with Rimmers before and they admit themselves it's a daft misleading description, by early they do mean early series 2 and late series 2, they state they have NO MK1 parts or certainly no method iof identifying them if they do have some in a dusty corner of their catacombistic warehouse.
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:16 pm

vectrolosys wrote:Hello,

It's been a while since I last posted, so I hope everyone is well.

I am currently trying to collect a few panels for my early Mk1 Sterling 2.7 . I am after, ideally, a pair of front doors. I am also interested in any other Mk1 panels, particularly a rust free bonnet.

Thanks in advance,

James

Hi James,

i'd need to confer with the co-owner but we have a Mk1 Fastback SLi in Moonstone that we are stripping for spares. The bonnet is intact but has some surface rust, the front doors aren't too bad as i recall.
Drop me a PM if there's anything you're after and i'll see what we can do. What sort of area are you in?
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:19 pm

vito wrote:I've had this conversation with Rimmers before and they admit themselves it's a daft misleading description, by early they do mean early series 2 and late series 2, they state they have NO MK1 parts or certainly no method iof identifying them if they do have some in a dusty corner of their catacombistic warehouse.

As i understand it Gaz, early Mk2 is from '92 - '96 and late is '96 on. Rimmers don't really seem to have anything left specifically for the Mk1 and seem to be running out of Mk2 stuff as well. :(
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!