Parts needed in the USA

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jklnhyde
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Parts needed in the USA

Post by jklnhyde » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:10 pm

A few months ago I was in contact with two members (CHR15E and Richard Moss) that were able to provide me with several used items for my 1991 USA-spec 827SLi, but unfortunately, I have gotten no response from them in recent days.
The parts I need are common but unavailable in the US; can anyone help me out with these?

In order of importance:

-side repeaters
-outside temperature probe (for the climate control system)
-ROVER viking ship emblems for the following locations:
MK1 steering wheel
rear hatch
-ROVER script for the rear hatch (older, large font)
-2 road wheel center caps (16" RoverSport 5-spoke, about 45mm wide)
-front license plate mounting bracket/plate/hardware
-3 hatch trim panel screw studs (1/4 turn type)
-coolant expansion tank cap (new)
-P/S reservoir cap (new)
-keyless entry fob (not sure if they cross over to USA)
-PRS emergency tongues R-767 767301 22/ L-767 767301 23

If I could source the majority of these items from one or two members, it would help me quite a bit, due to the shipping charges involved.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
RickC

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:25 pm

Rick - sorry, it passed me by.

I've got:

Side repeaters
Steering wheel logo (both triangular and square, I think)
Licence plate mount
Trim panel screws grey or blue (maybe some black, too)
Expansion tank and PAS caps - used only

PRS emergency tongues - you'll have to translate that into non-American speak. Do you mean seat belt stalks (as attached to the seats)?
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

CHR15E
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by CHR15E » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:47 pm

The badges weren't worth having in the end, I forgot to let you know.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

jklnhyde

Post by jklnhyde » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:58 pm

Richard-
the PRS are emergency latches that clip onto the B-pillar seat belt track. This is in case the automatic belts don't retract; do UK 800's have auto belts at all?!?

The steering wheel badge is the triangular one. As for the coolant reservoir and P/S reservoir caps, as long as they seal properly, that's OK by me. Both of mine don't seal very well for some unknown reason.

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:26 pm

jklnhyde wrote:Richard-
the PRS are emergency latches that clip onto the B-pillar seat belt track. This is in case the automatic belts don't retract; do UK 800's have auto belts at all?!?
Automatic belts are US only, I'm afraid. I'm pretty sure that the caps are OK but I could get you a new one if you prefer. I doubt that we could get a new PAS top but I don't imagine that a used one would give much trouble.

I think we talked about the possibility of fitting UK style seatbelts before - I have a full set of grey ones if you need them.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

jklnhyde

Post by jklnhyde » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:12 pm

Used is fine. My auto belts are working fine, but what would it take to change them over to manual? My 92' XJ40 was a nightmare of problems with the auto belt system and a changeover was going to cost a lot of $$ because I had to change interior panels as well. I never did it.

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:32 pm

As long as you have the upper seatbelt mount it shouldn't be too bad. The top mount is held onto the B pillar by a couple of bolts going into captive nuts in the pillar.

If I remember, I'll take pictures of the one I'm breaking and also send you the relevant workshop manual pages.

austinpowers
Regular Visitor

Post by austinpowers » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:33 am

jklnhyde wrote:Richard-

The steering wheel badge is the triangular one. As for the coolant reservoir and P/S reservoir caps, as long as they seal properly, that's OK by me. Both of mine don't seal very well for some unknown reason.
I'm pretty sure i have a pair of these on the inside of the fusebox cover, under the steering wheel, are yours missing? (i guess that's a stupid question if you're asking for them on here.. :?

mjc9967
Rover Guru

Post by mjc9967 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:09 am

Hi RickC,

Do you know about this guy?

http://austin-rover.co.uk/index.htm?sterlingfixerf.htm

His email is in the article, supposed to have a container load of parts Stateside.
Mark

91H 820i Auto F/B Nordic Blue 32k
91H 820i Auto F/B Nightfire 65k
99V 825 Sterling Auto 4dr BRG 77k