820 T-Series Inlet and exhaust manifolds

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Alucard7002
Now with more then 1000 posts!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

820 T-Series Inlet and exhaust manifolds

Post by Alucard7002 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:08 pm

Hi all,

Don't suppose anyone has an intake and exhaust manifold for an 820 available for sale?

I'm going to pull the head off my spare T-Series, lap the valves and fit it to my 820. The original engine at 110k has badly burned exhaust valves (it's a bit low on compression) and I desperately want my lost ponies back! :lol:

I would like to do some port matching and re-locate my LPG injectors whilst I'm at it.

As it's my daily I cannot afford to have the car off the road for an extended period of time hence the need for a spare set of manifolds.

Thanks in advance :D
Dušan - head lunatic @ Four Paw Racing

'66 Ford Country Sedan
'89 Mazda MX5 1.6
'98 Mitsubishi Evo 4 GSR
'07 Subaru Legacy Spec B

traineefarmer
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 820 T-Series Inlet and exhaust manifolds

Post by traineefarmer » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:48 am

Is yours Turbo or Nasp? I way be willing to let a turbo 'zorst manifold go. The inlets are strangely hard to find. They occasionally come up on ebay or Rovertech, but people seem to be confused about the difference between a complete inlet manifold and just the plenum on top.

Be prepared for some damaged lifters. I found two with surface damage to the sides when I did mine and one with abnormal wear to the internal "piston". They're cheap enough to replace. Same parts as a K series and a shared design with some Fiat/Alfa and VW applications.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

stanker
Regular Visitor

Post by stanker » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:44 am

Alucard7002 wrote:Hi all,

Don't suppose anyone has an intake and exhaust manifold for an 820 available for sale?

I'm going to pull the head off my spare T-Series, lap the valves and fit it to my 820. The original engine at 110k has badly burned exhaust valves (it's a bit low on compression) and I desperately want my lost ponies back! :lol:

I would like to do some port matching and re-locate my LPG injectors whilst I'm at it.

As it's my daily I cannot afford to have the car off the road for an extended period of time hence the need for a spare set of manifolds.

Thanks in advance :D
Hi Dusan

I take it you're not bringing the 827 to my place over the Christmas period, does this mean I can go shopping for food now?

Ian

Alucard7002
Now with more then 1000 posts!

Post by Alucard7002 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:31 pm

Doh! It's a NASP T16

Thanks for the tip RE: tappets, I'll have a look see when I pull the head apart. It's a sub 50k mile engine, should need the valves lapping and new stem seals to be good to go.

Ian, that was never my plan but thank you again for the very kind offer of storage space. Don't know if you are aware but I am no longer in Pembrokeshire, or even Wales for that matter! I'm all the way over the other side in East Anglia! :shock:
Dušan - head lunatic @ Four Paw Racing

'66 Ford Country Sedan
'89 Mazda MX5 1.6
'98 Mitsubishi Evo 4 GSR
'07 Subaru Legacy Spec B