Mk1 IR fob and sensor required.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BlueRover
Rover Guru

Mk1 IR fob and sensor required.

Post by BlueRover » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:15 pm

The one on the turbo hasn't worked consistently for a few years so I lock it with the key, making sure the immobiliser is on.
It used to but even changing batteries and cleaning the contacts didn't seem to help.
After the incident last week, I'm hoping that a new fob and sensor will not only activate the immobiliser and the central locking but will also arm the alarm. That would have given me even more warning of the actions of the tw@ rather than me being disturbed by the unfamiliar noises coming from outside.
This has always made me wonder about the alarm on the 820i on the drive as that doesn't have a fob and sensor, just arms with the key.
Anyway, anyone got a working fob/sensor please ? TBH, I'm considering splashing out on a TOAD system. I'm now worried that I can't keep my baby safe from these scrotes.
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Re: Mk1 IR fob and sensor required.

Post by BlueRover » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:03 pm

Anyone ?
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable