Vitesse badge for boot

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Manalishi
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Vitesse badge for boot

Post by Manalishi » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:51 pm

Hi, my new car is missing its badges on the rear and I would like to have them! So, anyone having a set of decent second hand badge in the scrap heap..?
Cheers!
Henrik
Rover 820 Vitesse Coupe 180bhp -93 (Italy)
Rover 827 Vitesse manual (non cat) -89 (Spain)
Lexus GS450h -13
Austin Seven Special -36
Gone:
Rover 820 ti -95
Rover 216 DOHC coupe -93
Rover 620 ti -98

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: Vitesse badge for boot

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:00 pm

You need the proper Mk1 Vitesse badges Henrik, you'll be lucky to find any of those i think! Also, i think if i was you, i'd hang fire until Dave Dollysprint has got back to you on your VIN number - it might not be a VItesse after all! :shock:

Besides, it could be fun to have it slightly anonymous! :P :twisted: :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

Manalishi
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Manalishi » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:17 pm

Pretty sure its a Vitesse. I have the original receipt from Spain when it was sold. ;) and the V5 log etc etc. So its a Vitesse alright. ;)By the way, it was 4.5million pesetas. :D
Henrik
Lexus GS450h -13
Austin Seven Special -36
Gone:
Rover 820 ti -95
Rover 216 DOHC coupe -93
Rover 620 ti -98

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:17 pm

It's difficult to explain with the language barrier as i don't know how to explain it best so you'll get the idea i'm trying to convey - you're English is fantastic and way better than my Swedish but it's not that easy to explain in English to start with! :shock:

I'll have a go though! :P

Rover did a few "test mules", i know of one such car that is a very early 2.0 Vitesse Coupé that we didn't get in this country until a few years later. The fun part is it has a KV6 gearbox, including the Tor-Sen diff and the higher ratios and a few other things that were never quite standard.

Somehow it escaped from the factory and was sold on the open market. I don't know the VIN number on it (fairly sure Dave does as he knows the car i'm on about) but pretty sure it was sold as a Vitesse Coupé when new.

What i'm thinking is maybe your Vitesse Fastback comes into the same area - a factory test mule for later spec/modifications and so on. Also possible it was sold as a special order and by coincidence, both cars i'm talking about are the same colour.

If yours is such a car then it's pretty rare and maybe shouldn't have a badge?
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

Manalishi
Rover Guru

Post by Manalishi » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:57 pm

Interesting!
What I can tell is that it was sold new the 16th of May 1991 to a private citizen, a Swede.

I havent had the time to make out all of the interior and options/equipment but it is cloth seats, though electric. The switch is the square type sitting in the centre console. It has AC, electric sunroof and trip computor. Not sure about the rest really. Typical Vitesse mk 1A from the excellent write up by Lord Sterling in the FAQ section.
Henrik
Lexus GS450h -13
Austin Seven Special -36
Gone:
Rover 820 ti -95
Rover 216 DOHC coupe -93
Rover 620 ti -98