Immobiliser issues

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mrwilks01934
Regular Visitor

Immobiliser issues

Post by mrwilks01934 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:31 am

Hi everyone I'm hoping someone can help maybe, is there anybody breaking a 825 kv6 Auto as I'm looking for a ECU CCU and Fob so plug and play, reason being my missus kv6 Auto got stuck in the hospital car park wouldn't start as the immobiliser wouldn't switch off, we managed to get the car home by borrowing the ECU CCU AND FOB off my Sterling auto as I couldn't find the EVA code, which I believe I have now found, but problem being when I swap all the parts back over I don't want the missus keep locking the car long term with the key as you only get 30 seconds and then you have to put the code in again, as my missus has bad hands it's a lot easier using a Fob, I was wondering if best case scenario the EVA code I found works does that mean the CCU is ok and that the key fob has packed up and yes I put a brand new battery in it the fob is lighting up doesn't mean it's talking to the CCU does it, like I said I'd prefer to replace the ECU CCU and Fob if I can find replacements, I've heard and been told it's quite expensive to have a fob coded to the original ECU CCU, example my missus car the previous owner paid just under £300 for a new key with built in fob off a Renault traffic van and then have it coded.
Hi iam Tony, I currently have seven 800's a 1996 827 sterling, a 1996 820 vitesse turbo, a 1989 827 vitesse manual which needs a part/full resto, 1999 KV6 sterling,1998 KV6 sterling, 1998 vitesse turbo,1991 H Reg 827 vitesse Auto all fastbacks.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: Immobiliser issues

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:26 pm

If you have the reciever module under the centre armrest that may need replacing as well - seems some cars need the reciever as part of the matched set, others not.

You could try pressing the lock button several times in quick succession on the fob near the car to try and resync it to the caar, sometimes it works better with the unlock button but try the lock button first.

Failing all else, try Best of British in the midlands : https://wednesbury.cylex-uk.co.uk/compa ... 16188.html

That link gives contact info and also a link to their ebay shop whee they can also be contacted.

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on! :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable