Turbo Coupe

Moderators: guru, SJG

scotty2
Regular Visitor

Turbo Coupe

Post by scotty2 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:09 pm

Although not green, does anyone know this car, current reg J14 ROV:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1111293

Seems a bit overpriced but I haven't seen many for sale. Threatening to "break" which makes me think they won't be open to offers...

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Re: Turbo Coupe

Post by dollysprint » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:44 pm

He wont get £2000 breaking it so always worth an offer. I did see this at POL but I didn't look at it closely.

Dave
1998 L/R Freelander 1.8 50th Edition 5dr
1990 Sterling Saloon 2.7 Auto black over storm
1993 Coupe 2.7 auto white gold 1
2005 Rover 45 GSi TD Sonic Blue-destroyed by a wanker
1999 L/R Freelander Di 50th Edition 3 dr

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: Turbo Coupe

Post by scoobyh123 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:05 am

This sounds worrying : "Interior is clean with no ripsaw major marks. Interior is luxury and comfortable. Very slight dash lift but not bad from what I’ve seen of others. Recently developed a leak on the inside. We think from the scuttle panel."

The scuttle panel wasn't really intended to stop leaks, more likely to be sunroof drains. There is a cheap, easy, permanent fix for the sunroof drains, will cost about a fiver to do all 4, if you buy this one i'll post the details.

I agree with Dave, not worth £2k, looks like it has been owned by a "polisher" who cleans everything visible but forgets the bits that can't be seen so i'd suggest renewing all fluids and cam belt if you get it. Don't be tempted to use OAT coolant (the red crap) and if someone else has, walk away. It will attack cast iron which is what the block is made from. Also if it hasn't been properly flushed, there's a very high chance it could have reacted with any previous ethylene glycol (usually blue, sometimes green) and formed a gel, compromising the cooling system.

Subject to your inspection and test drive and whatever the MoT history throws up (once you've got the new reg number, J14ROV isn't recognised any longer by the MoT history site), i'd start the bidding between £1000-1200 and go from there, he won't even get £1k breaking it as parts just aren't selling. I've got some coupe bits i've been trying to give away because they didn't sell, they're still here with no interest.

Good luck if you decide to go for it! :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
All auto :D
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!