Engine mounts - compatibility: Honda / Rover

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
michaeljohnz55
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Engine mounts - compatibility: Honda / Rover

Post by michaeljohnz55 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:02 am

This is a generic question which covers a few spares. Please transfer to a more suitable topic header. Specifically engine mounts for my Rover 827's (I've 2 cars). They're ok now but I'd like to 'future-proof' both of them. Not being in the UK I have to source from other than breakers etc. Part of my searching has me referring to Honda (Legend/Accura) parts up to approx. 1990 as that can be easier than Rover 827 as a search, especially when the web seems to have a blind spot when it comes to my 1995 and 1996 cars, e.g if i put my car year as a 1990 (for engine parts) I manage to get what I want i.e C27A components. In this case I'm looking for some engine mounts for the MK2 shape (face-lift). I'm seeing images of engine mounts for Honda 2.7 (as opposed to 3.20 that seem identical or at least very similar) but am wary of the similarity only applying to the Mk1 shape and not the face-lifted model in 1992 - the engine bay on mine might have different surfaces to bolt on to. some seller refer to an aluminium mount (not good) with steel being the one needed. Hope this makes sense. Just that these parts are NLA or in short supply. I'm also looking at Honda Radiator assemblies (Auto) if anybody has some feedback. Regards Michael

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: Engine mounts - compatibility: Honda / Rover

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:20 pm

The KA1-4 (all 2.7) Legends are almost a carbon copy of the Mk1 827 Michael. Many parts were carried over, it was predominantly body and trim changes for the Mk2 and the 2.7 running gear (engine, box, suspension*, brakes*, steering and most other things remained the same.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/acu ... mount,5552

Honda (Acura) Legend 2.7 engine mounts ^^^^^, that's for a 1989 car, the rest up to 1991/2 when they changed to the longtitudinally mounted 3.2 (KA5) should be the same. The KA6 was the 3.5 Legend, again just a bigger version of the 3.2 but instead of just a front transaxle incoprprating the gearbox and final drive, it also gained (a bit later) a transfer box and rear diff making it All Wheel Drive.

At those prices i might even think about buying some for my beast! :wink: :D

* Some suspension, brakes and other parts varied with year and exact model, usually there's an option for the various types listed.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

michaeljohnz55
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by michaeljohnz55 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:32 am

Thank you yet again Dave. Your knowledge is invaluable. Pretty much having been through an accident last year (when I got side-swiped by someone who came through a red light) I've come to the realisation that 'everyday' parts are seemingly suddenly not so 'everyday' suddenly. Think you mentioned elsewhere that as Rimmers now don't show part numbers for NLA I'm also unable to cross-reference say to Kroes in the Netherlands who also have just as good stock as Rimmers sometimes. So I either make an effort now to 'future-proof' or not bother at all. Regards Michael

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:32 am

We've experienced similar here Michael, parts that were once a case of going to the nearest shop and buying are now a complete mission to track down and buy them for an alleged "other" car because they are the same or close enough to what was fitted to enable safe use.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!