2x RATTY MK1s for sale

Moderators: guru, SJG

Alex SBY
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

2x RATTY MK1s for sale

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:13 pm

Right, realistically I'm never going to get anywhere with these things. Both were ostensibly agreed to be bought under the influence of alcohol and in the cold light of day they are really too far gone to restore or pursue further.

Car 1: 1990 820 Si manual. Finished in beautiful brush paint black and green featuring leaking head gasket, shocking brakes and a rear door that's full of expanding foam so it cannot be opened from outside. Handbrake is broken, exhaust blows like hell and the alternator doesn't charge. Oh and the radiator leaks. No tax or test.

On the upsides it's structurally excellent, barring some slightly ominous rot in the sunroof. Frankly, anyone taking this on to restore would be crazy. I might still drop a T16 Turbo engine in it yet.

Here it is:

Car 2: 1992 827 SLi Mk1 manual (what was dubbed "hooligan" on here). Epically dented bootlid, bad dent on NSR wing, headlining resembles a tent. Jumps out of second gear regularly, runs like sh*te when cold, hole in OSR sill, rattle canned matt black bonnet and badly peeled front bumper. On the upside it has a wonderful sounding stainless exhaust. Oh and lowered koni shocks. Failed MOT On welding, balljoint and other things I've forgotten. No tax.

Both photograph reasonably well, believe me, they are a LOT worse than they look...

Having stripped the limo last year I do not relish the thought of breaking these cars. In fact I won't be. I'm therefore offering them for offers in the region of £150 each in case anyone wants them whole. I'm not breaking them for parts so please don't ask - I haven't got the time or inclination tbh. Yes I know that's harsh but those are the realities.

Offers in the region of £150 each, and take them away (will need a pick up as both are unroadworthy). That's about scrap value. Happy to entertain sensible offers but given the collective value I could get for scrap plus the parts on them I think I'm about right.

If I still have them in 14 days I'll weigh them in as I need the space for another Mk1 I've got on the way. I'll take off fuel necks and other rare items like trip computer displays etc but that's it.

Any takers? Like I say, cars to be sold whole only please to save time. Cars are located near Axminster in Devon.

Thanks.
One or two 800s...

Alex SBY
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 2x RATTY MK1s for sale

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:38 pm

Pictures now added. On reflection I'm still undecided on the final fate of these, so it would save me a hell of a lot of decision making if anyone wanted them! :lol:
One or two 800s...

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:57 pm

Forgive the triple post (it seems this thread is as popular as botulism - with good reason probably :lol:) but just to note, the 17" wheels above are not coming with the K reg...
One or two 800s...

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:33 pm

Has either got a grey interior, dependent on the outcome and their eventual new owner am desperate for a MK1 rear seat belt buckle for a good friend of mine.
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:01 pm

Both have grey interiors. What seat belt is it you need? Left, centre or right hand side? If both go to the scrapyard in the sky I don't mind taking a few minutes to remove something simple if someone's desperate.
One or two 800s...

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:32 pm

Appreciate that Alex if you get the opportunity, it's the rear O/S , it's not the seatbelt itself, it's the buckle bit with the red release button that bolts under the seat pad, I'll pay and cover your costs naturally.

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:38 pm

That'll take no time to remove. Once I know the fate of the cars I'll post on this thread - do us a favour please and remind me in a few weeks but I'll make a mental note. :)
One or two 800s...

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Will do, we can square up at the NEC in November ...................... :wink: :wink: :D

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:14 pm

I should think that combining bits from the two of these you could assemble a decent car......................probably
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:11 pm

The thought has occurred to me of dropping the 827 engine in the RAT, but as we know Rover to Honda power isn't a five minute job and I just can't think it's worth it.

I'm still tempted to try though.
One or two 800s...

simon
Rover Guru

Post by simon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:26 am

Alex what are you doing with these? and do you still have them?
Simon & Jane.

Rover 825sd 229,000.
Rover SD1 V8 VDP 126,000 will get running this year.
2 rover 75's

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:58 am

Yep I still have them. Most likely going to be scrapped very soon as other than minor parts requests I've had no interest (unsurprisingly).
One or two 800s...

Charles827si
Rover Guru

Post by Charles827si » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi Alex, I have sent you a pm about electrical bits. Thanks
Charles 'Yorks'
"88 827si Fastback (manual) - Mum owned from new
"92 827 Coupe (manual)
"88 827sli Saloon (auto)
2011 Lexus IS220D F Sport
It's a stick shift? No, It's a grip shift!
ImageImage

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:52 pm

Well real life got in the way and these two heaps are still sat around taking up space.

Those who have PMd me for small parts from these cars I'll see what I can do. These cars will be sent to the crusher in the middle of October - any small items required I'll take off and can bring to NEC if you're visiting.
One or two 800s...

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Post by BlueRover » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:57 pm

I'm a cheapskate (not really but I need to replace the discs on the turbo and get two new tyres) so any chance of a bargain on good headlamps and tail lights. Also I need a rear o/s window mech as mine reaches the top and you can hear the gears slipping, broken teeth is my guess) but it could be easier just to unbolt the whole door. If I had the room I'd take a whole car and break it but the driveway is filled with my white Mk1 820i. I hear you can't get a bonnet inside an 800 so that's a no-no.
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock