Rover Vitesse Coupe 1998. S plate.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Regy
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Regy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:16 pm

its gone to an old friend of mine who also has a race ZS..

he will fit a t28, and look after it. well its in the contract im wriitign out for him lol... failure to do so will result in repo of the car, and no money back lol
Last edited by Regy on Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZS KV6 Supercharged 266bhp

820 Vitesse coupe 98

Richard C
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Richard C » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:37 pm

good news 8)
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

wylie_eyed
Rover Guru

Post by wylie_eyed » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:40 am

JulianO'Connor wrote:Hope it went to a deserving home, I did ask the department of finance about it but she said no
Ditto but embargo still in force till i remove some cars from the list, currently sitting at 7 :shock: which considering i had 1 in October and that wasn't even a rover, shows my compulsion to buy cheap but nice motors. I have to be shot of 3 of them before i'm allowed anymore and then thats under strict supervision :(
John
Mercedes Vito 112CDi
Saab 9-5 Aero Estate
1972 Rover P5b saloon

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:41 am

Good to know you sold it to someone who'll look after it regy.
Regy wrote:i think by the time iv spent 140 on a master cylinder, and say 80 to have it fitted then id need to sell at over 870 to actually be quids in on that offer.. surley its not worth much more than that anyway?
To be honest, Rover's are not generally the kind of cars that you can make money on unless you paid and spent less than say £250 for the car all in and/or done much of the work yourself. I always hear alot of people say, the "Rover owes me £...." hence why they are starting to fall into he hands of enthusiasts.

Its also one of the reasons you see alot of 800's on ebay needing some work, generally the owners will price up the work needing done plus labour and find that the car will cost more to fix than they can ever sell it for.

Lord Sterling

BRG
Rover Guru

Post by BRG » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:23 pm

Glad you got it moved on, Regy. That was the whole point of the exercise, I suppose. The fact that you know it's gone somewhere it'll be looked after and won't be 'lost' to us can only be a bonus, eh?

Regy
Regular Visitor

Post by Regy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:43 am

Lord Sterling wrote:Good to know you sold it to someone who'll look after it regy.
Regy wrote:i think by the time iv spent 140 on a master cylinder, and say 80 to have it fitted then id need to sell at over 870 to actually be quids in on that offer.. surley its not worth much more than that anyway?
To be honest, Rover's are not generally the kind of cars that you can make money on unless you paid and spent less than say £250 for the car all in and/or done much of the work yourself. I always hear alot of people say, the "Rover owes me £...." hence why they are starting to fall into he hands of enthusiasts.

Its also one of the reasons you see alot of 800's on ebay needing some work, generally the owners will price up the work needing done plus labour and find that the car will cost more to fix than they can ever sell it for.

Lord Sterling
Sorry what i ment by my post was with 650 offered as is, or another 210 to spend out if i say no, id need to make £860 to better his offer. which as nice as it is probably wont happen. so i took the plunge.. hehe

however guys i do admit im going to miss it, i love the coupes lines, i do feel the front end (lights) make it look dated, but the rest of the car is A1....

picked up the company car yesterday also, astra sri 150 on a 08 plate, now there is a quick car, it has a sport button that is like hitting 50nos... i think its 120bhp normal with sports 150... V quick with all that torque.
However it does look nice (black) but the seats look crap. never mind its a nearly free motor :)

Ross
ZS KV6 Supercharged 266bhp

820 Vitesse coupe 98

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:41 am

Regy wrote: picked up the company car yesterday also, astra sri 150 on a 08 plate, now there is a quick car, it has a sport button that is like hitting 50nos... i think its 120bhp normal with sports 150... V quick with all that torque.
However it does look nice (black) but the seats look crap. never mind its a nearly free motor :)

Ross
All worked out for the best in the end then,

Glad you got a company car that you are reasonably happy with, not like the company i work for they give you a car with a tracker in so they know where you are all the time. :?
Richard

@Rich_Clements

JulianO'Connor
Rover Guru

Post by JulianO'Connor » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:48 pm

My lot just implanted my tracker in my spine
aka The Serpent

1972 MG B GT
2004 Subaru Legacy Tourer
2008 Subaru Justy R

BRG
Rover Guru

Post by BRG » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:21 pm

BRG wrote:No it's not pearl. I'm surprised, too. I'd have sworn it was. HNA is plain old BRG metallic. That's the exact shade my current car is, yet looks miles darker and deeper. Must be the coupe's 'specialness'!

My last Vitesse was code HAF. One of two 'special' BRG shades, called 'BRG pearlescent (Epsom Effect)' & 'BRG pearlescent (Poseidon Effect)'. Code HAF applied to both, with no way to distinguish between the two. I'm not making this up, btw. At first I was well chuffed at having such a rare colour of car. When I had to get paint to do it's rear wing and tailgate the appeal kinda wore off, I can tell you. Total nightmare. A mob called 'Paints4U.com' came good in the end. They were actually the first people to discover what it was. Everyone else I asked either said it was just BRG met, or even reckoned there was a 'misprint' on my VIN plate!

But anyway, aye, the coupe's a looker in any shade, I think, but boy howdy it suits the old BRG.....

Did I mention, I like yer coupe, btw? I'll give you £350 cash right now, and I'm cutting my own throat.................
Have to correct a small error here, for the sake of proper and correct anorakineering:

When I said the two 'special' pearlescent shades of BRG, 'poseidon effect' and 'Epsom effect' were both coded HAF, with no way of distinguishing which was which, I should have said that when I finally procured paint for my car ('Epsom effect'), the code on the tin was 'HAF/94'. My VIN plate had only HAF.

So we can deduce that the code for 'BRG pearlescent Poseidon effect' is HAF/??, but not HAF/94. Because that's 'Epsom effect'.

There's a shiny sixpence and a rubdown from Matron for the smart boy who discovers the suffix for 'Poseidon effect'!

Huzzah! (caps thrown in air. Boys disperse stage L & R. Act drop.)

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:29 pm

HAF/H2O :?:
Richard

@Rich_Clements

BRG
Rover Guru

Post by BRG » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:27 pm

Yes very clever Clements. See me afterwards boy. We'll see how clever you think you are after you've cleaned the entire seniors rugger fifteen's boots!

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Richard C wrote:HAF/H2O :?:
Brilliant.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

BRG
Rover Guru

Post by BRG » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:52 am

"The Poseidon Adventure", it's a pretty good idea for a disaster movie. A freak wave capsizes a big liner. Everything's upside down and that.

I'd avoid the sequel, though, "Beyond The Poseidon Adventure". Another freak wave comes and turns it back the right way up.

It's just them tidying up.

Shelley Winters keeps asking folk if they've seen her Steradent or her grandchildren.

(Shelley Winters is in "The Poseidon Adventure", right?)

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:57 am

BRG wrote:"The Poseidon Adventure", it's a pretty good idea for a disaster movie. A freak wave capsizes a big liner. Everything's upside down and that.

I'd avoid the sequel, though, "Beyond The Poseidon Adventure". Another freak wave comes and turns it back the right way up.

It's just them tidying up.

Shelley Winters keeps asking folk if they've seen her Steradent or her grandchildren.

(Shelley Winters is in "The Poseidon Adventure", right?)
It was on one of the Sky channels quite recently I think.
Richard

@Rich_Clements