ROVER HAS TO GO

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hayden
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ROVER HAS TO GO

Post by hayden » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:11 pm

MY ROVER IS UP FOR GRABS IF ANYONE WANTS IT. ITS A SILVER 800 2.0 16V AUTO SI REMOTE C/L C/C ABS PAS ELEC S/ROOF AND WINDOWS AL ROUND. V REG 117K ON CLOCK. CALLME ON 07592154014

hayden
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by hayden » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:13 pm

OPEN TO OFFERS OR IT GETS SCRAPPED

MikeMedford
Rover Guru

Post by MikeMedford » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:35 pm

Pictures etc would be helpful, I will move this to sale forums after this post

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:23 am

Mike - Hayden has posted a similar ad which I also had to move to this section, see: here

Hayden - Please understand that you'd need to provide pictures if you stand any chance of selling your car, see the above link for your old post and see here for Rules, Terms and Conditions, also, please try and post in the correct section as your posts will only get moved.

Thanks,

Lord Sterling

Vard66
Rover Guru

Post by Vard66 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:14 am

You'll also find that, curiously, most of the folk on here will be fairly up to speed on the spec of most 800s, and furthermore, we know they can be rather troublesome.

Despite that, if we're on here still, it means we're persevering in 800 ownership, through whatever excuse we chose to justify the ownership by; love, low buying costs, love, a need for tinkering, love...

So rather than listing it's features, you might want to list which ones work!

Folk are less likely to be put off a sale on here because of malfunctioning electrics, for example, than in general outside the forum, in all probability, because we've experienced them before, and are willing and capable of fixing them!

*Edit* I just can't let it go, I'm sorry.
The 'OR ELSE I'LL SCRAP IT, SEE IF I DON'T!' threat is old, tired and annoying.

It puts me off looking at cars, because it just suggests that the owner cares little to none for the car, and they're really not bothered if someone owns it after them, or if it rots in a heap in a big yard somewhere.

That translates into their ownership of it, and suggests that the owner has cared for the car little to none throughout their ownership.

Guilt trips are unlikely to work, and providing more detailed information and pictures of the car is pretty easy, I suppose, is what I'm trying to say.
Vard.

2004 Astra SXi 1.7 CDTi
1995 Land Rover Discovery 3.9 V8i

The Flying Dutchman
Rover Guru

Post by The Flying Dutchman » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:34 am

Guys. He's just placing an ad and his phone number. He'll never reed this I guess.
Job.

'73 P5B Sal.
'94 220 Coupe
'96 220 Coupe
'95 827 Coupe
'97 820Si
'99 600SDi Classic
'69 Herald 12/50

Vard66
Rover Guru

Post by Vard66 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:59 am

A valid point, the perfect 26 post count doesn't lend itself to him returning, tbh.
Vard.

2004 Astra SXi 1.7 CDTi
1995 Land Rover Discovery 3.9 V8i

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:56 am

Vard66 wrote:...*Edit* I just can't let it go, I'm sorry.
The 'OR ELSE I'LL SCRAP IT, SEE IF I DON'T!' threat is old, tired and annoying.

It puts me off looking at cars, because it just suggests that the owner cares little to none for the car, and they're really not bothered if someone owns it after them, or if it rots in a heap in a big yard somewhere.

That translates into their ownership of it, and suggests that the owner has cared for the car little to none throughout their ownership.

Guilt trips are unlikely to work, and providing more detailed information and pictures of the car is pretty easy, I suppose, is what I'm trying to say...
Thats a valid point and very well said Vard, I was going to say the same thing myself but as a mod I have to try and stay even.

We seem to be attracting alot more one worded, poorly described, guilt-trip containg sellers who cant be bothered to at least stick a few pics up hence attracting buyers.

Due to this I think I'll be consulting about a few amendments to the "For Sale" rules.

Lord Sterling

The Flying Dutchman
Rover Guru

Post by The Flying Dutchman » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:32 am

You have my vote your Lordship.
Job.

'73 P5B Sal.
'94 220 Coupe
'96 220 Coupe
'95 827 Coupe
'97 820Si
'99 600SDi Classic
'69 Herald 12/50

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:47 pm

I wouldn't make a fuss myself - if the advert doesn't give us the info we need, it won't sell! It's not my loss.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

JulianO'Connor
Rover Guru

Post by JulianO'Connor » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:48 pm

It is tedious and it might generate an impulse bid on ebay but you'd think a different approach would be better in a place like this.
aka The Serpent

1972 MG B GT
2004 Subaru Legacy Tourer
2008 Subaru Justy R