Rover Sterling - '93 L-reg (New Price)

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lord Sterling
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rover Sterling - '93 L-reg (New Price)

Post by Lord Sterling » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:18 am

Found this Rover 827 Sterling for sale up by mine, its been in and around my area for a while, it lived on my road for a while and was even spotted at my old workplace!

I actually spotted this for sale a few weeks back but surprise surprise I didnt have my cameraphone on me at the time! I went back a few times to try and catch this car but it wasnt around, but I managed to catch it yesterday and snap it.

The car itself looks pretty straight and I dont know much about it, but it is pretty grubby inside and the outside isnt fabulous either, dont know the mileage but looks pretty well used.

the price though is a problem, it is advertised at £700

Lord Sterling
Last edited by Lord Sterling on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CHR15E
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by CHR15E » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:44 am

That back arch looks like it has rust on it?

They are going to get dearer as they get older Mo. As they get rarer the prices will get more varied.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:10 am

Thats what I'm thinking as I noticed the prices are starting to rise, bit for what it is and the condition it is in its not really worth it.

I was thinking of giving the guy a call and taking a test drive just to see how it drives/counter my boredom, but I think the tax is out as I've just checked on the DVLA, though I think legally I can still drive it as the DVLA always count up to a month after your tax has run out, i.e if your tax runs out on the 1st of that month you can drive up to the end of that month. (Though I could be wrong)

Lord Sterling

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:23 pm

There is no "grace" period from the DVLA unless you've bought new tax online when they give you 5 days allowance for postal delivery. If your tax is out it's an offence.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

MikeMedford
Rover Guru

Post by MikeMedford » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:47 pm

Tax always runs out at the end of the month I thought anyway?

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:07 pm

Indeed, tax expires at midnight on the last day of the month shown. From 0001 hours you're illegal!
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:16 pm

MikeMedford wrote:Tax always runs out at the end of the month I thought anyway?
Richard Moss wrote:Indeed, tax expires at midnight on the last day of the month shown. From 0001 hours you're illegal!
Thats what I was getting at, the same thing happend to me in late 2007, the day I was off abroad I found out that my tax had expired on the 1st of the month and I was now in the middle of the month, on the way to the airport I spoke to the DVLA to find out what my legal standing was (As I was worried about my car) the lady told me that if my tax ran out at any time in the month I had only until the end of that month to buy new tax, I also had a few days grace after that month if for example I bought my tax right at the end of the said month. This is what I was told in late 2007 by the DVLA, they had not sent me any reminders which is why I had forgotton.

Lord Sterling

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:34 pm

I'll be going down to have a look at this car tomorrow if anyone is intersted, spoke to the guy, very friendly, he says there is 11 months MOT on it, and he's prepared to take at least £450 for it.

Lord Sterling

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:49 pm

Brother Rover 800 drivers,

Went to have gander at this car today, bodily wise the car is pretty straight, none of the wings have any visible rust apart from the rear drivers side which has very tiny patches of surface rust.

Mechanically it looks and sounds pretty straight, it starts up first time and sounds beautiful, it was moved up and down the drive where its stored but cant say whether it drives well or not. It was used regularly until the end of December (I've seen it myself out and about), the expansion tank will need replacing aswell as its been badly repaired at some point, Mileage is 106,000. It has around 11 months MOT.

The interior is in need of a good valet and some wood might need replacing as it has gone milky, the drivers seat is cracked ans the passnger seat is starting to crack, the rear seats are look clean. The electric seats work, but the passenger seat back wont move back, only forward, the windows work as do the lights and the remote central locking though the drivers door doesnt work with the remote, only by key. The glovebox lid is melted (See pics again) There is slight dash lift too.

Front passenger side tyre needs replacing, the others look ok but will need replacing at some point aswell.

The owner wont take any less than £400.

Pics:

If anyones interested, let me know and I'll PM you the owners number.

Thanks,

Lord Sterling