The 1986 825 Sterling - Rebecca

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
whitelion58
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The 1986 825 Sterling - Rebecca

Post by whitelion58 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:16 pm

Just thinking out loud and testing the water.... but if I were to say that Rebecca - probably the earliest surviving 800 in the country - would be available to go to a new and loving home, would there be serious interest here?

http://www.rover800.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8223

PM me if you think you could look after her...

Tim
'86 825 Sterling Saloon
'90 827 Si Fastback
'94 Sterling Coupe
+ others.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

TDHFastback
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The 1986 825 Sterling - Rebecca

Post by TDHFastback » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi Tim.
Crumbs thats a bit of a shock after you had the screen so well done :shock:

Do you know when Rebecca was registered. What is the milage and is there any service history with her?
What would you be looking at price wise?

Kate :D

Oh and by the way

DON'T DO IT. DON'T SELL. You'll only regret it as Bradders did.
D reg Rover 820Si Saloon. No space for a a saloon in this rootin tootin town
G reg Rover 820SE Fastback (my every day runabout) that ran off.
G reg Rover 827Si police Fastback (last Mk1 jam sandwich)
V reg Rover 825 Sterling Fastback (end of an era)

whitelion58
Rover Guru

Post by whitelion58 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:20 am

Hi Kate
you are probably right... It is just the usual things... the trade off between the pleasure of owning/driving it compared with the effort of storing and maintaining in context of all the other stuff I have and need to do! I am short on space too, with all 9 covered parking slots full and something will have to stand outside in the winter. It will not be Rebecca whatever happens! So, it seems selfish to hoard if someone else can do a better job of caring for and enjoying this wonderful car. If nobody steps forward, it will be kept and cared for.

So, mileage is about 99k. Drives really, really nicely. It is the best starting 800 I have had, it always fires at one touch of the key. No tappet rattle. Service records were lost when the 22 year owner sold it for scrap to a "dealer" who then passed it on to Brad at big profit. I have, however, spoken to the lovely old gent and have total confidence that it was properly pampered. He painted the underside with oil every autumn for heavens sake!

Interior is very, very good indeed. Original and unmarked lambswool mats are still present. Some bubbling to the front arches which can be repaired and I will include a spare set of excellent wings as an option.

New bits include the full exhaust, speedo sender, windscreen, disks and pads. I will be fitting brand new 285mm front calipers to replace the used 262mm ones I had to fit quickly last year. I did cambelt, water pump, tensioner and all aux belts when I got it. Brad fitted new battery and brand new wheels with good Michelin's before I took delivery.

So, no expense spared on maintenance, and in great shape.

I have invested a total of about 2k in the car, but doubt I will see that back...

I would be delighted if you are seriously interested, but after taking on Ryan's car is that likely?

Happy to answer any-ones serious questions.

Edit. Forgot to mention... registered August 6th with chassis 672

Regards

Tim
'86 825 Sterling Saloon
'90 827 Si Fastback
'94 Sterling Coupe
+ others.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

hotfuzz87
Regular Visitor

Post by hotfuzz87 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:55 pm

I'm having serious Mk1 withdrawal symptoms, is Rebecca still up for grabs?
1987 Rover 820E white diamond
Previous 800's…
1998 Rover 820 Sterling fastback
1997 Rover 825 Sterling KV6 saloon BRG
1995 Rover 827i Nightfire
1991 Rover 820 Turbo 16v saloon Nightfire
1987 Rover 820 Si Shantung gold