1996 Vitesse Sport Fastback - Spares or Repair

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cookster
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

1996 Vitesse Sport Fastback - Spares or Repair

Post by Cookster » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:48 am

Looks like head gasket gone. Engine runs, but not sure how far! 122,000 miles or thereby.
MOT August.
No other mechanical problems AFAIK. Some rust on wheel arches (O/S), paintwork generally a bit tired! (Nightfire Red).
Usual electrical gremlins - sunroof not working, windows, dashboard lights and radio only work when they feel like it (50%ish!). Main electrics (headlights, indicators, etc) all absolutely fine.
Recaro seats all in good nick, as is the interior generally (apart from dashboard lift!). 17" six spoked alloys with reasonable tyres and space saver spare.

Just had new ABS sensor (N/S front), brand new caliper / brake flexies (also N/S front) and front exhaust section (including flexi section).
Last year had new rear shocks and back section exhaust.

Any offers?!
Thanks for looking!
Dave

zcar
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 1996 Vitesse Sport Fastback - Spares or Repair

Post by zcar » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:38 am

Dave,
A location will help folks decide if its doable.
Nick

Cookster

Post by Cookster » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:45 pm

Ooops, sorry. Car is currently languishing in the Cotswolds. Mum and Dad not keen on it staying that long!!
Dave

midnite
Rover Guru

Post by midnite » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:03 am

mate, where in the Cotswolds is it, is there an option to get bits off it then they just scrap the rest, as if no one steps up, that's whats going to happen, and id love the front and rear seats, door cards, carpet and your alloys, I have a set of steel wheels to swap it onto so it still drove.
fleet now includes
89 827 sterling auto saloon grey dead and gone
90 827 sli auto saloon pulsar silver
91 820 i special edition flaming hell red
99 820 vitesse turbo sport manual nightfire rust sold to a better owner than i

Cookster

Post by Cookster » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:20 pm

Poor old Rover is sat at my parents house in Moreton-in-Marsh, on the Fosseway about 25 miles northeast of Cheltenham, 15 miles south of Stratford-upon-Avon. They are not keen on it cluttering their drive for long (there is history there I'm afraid), so need to get shot of it one way or other. Key (only one) with the car, paperwork on its way. Happy to answer any questions about the car, I have had it two years now and done about 12,000 miles in it.
Regards
Dave

Cookster

Now Sold! 1996 Vitesse Sport Fastback - Spares or Repair

Post by Cookster » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:32 am

Now sold to rovercoup, so I guess if you want any of the bits you could try asking him?!
Good luck with keeping your 800s on the road!!
Thanks Dave