825 Fastback Towbar

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
xpuffin
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

825 Fastback Towbar

Post by xpuffin » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:10 pm

It's a complete kit just removed from my Fastback, not sure what other models it fits.
The Towbar is complete with all brackets and bolts together with the ball hitch and electric sockets.
The bar itself is covered with surface rust which would clean off easily.
Looking for £25.00.
Due to its weight it's a collection only item.

Jez
10 Rover 800's now and counting.
2x Mk1 827 Vitesse Fastbacks
3x 825 Coupe
Mk1 827 Sterling Saloon
825 Sterling Saloon
825 Sterling Fastback
820 Vitesse Coupe
820 O Series Mk1 Fastback.

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 825 Fastback Towbar

Post by tonewheeldude » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:47 am

I dont need one, but it might help to mention if its from a Mark I or Mark II, and if its an aftermarket or genuine one (the latter needs no drilling or cutting into the wiring loom so is more desirable).
Rover 825 Sterling Diesel Coupe (1999)

xpuffin
Regular Visitor

Post by xpuffin » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:34 pm

Good point. It's from a mk2.
As for wether it's aftermarket or OE I'd guess it's aftermarket.
I'll post a pic when I can.
10 Rover 800's now and counting.
2x Mk1 827 Vitesse Fastbacks
3x 825 Coupe
Mk1 827 Sterling Saloon
825 Sterling Saloon
825 Sterling Fastback
820 Vitesse Coupe
820 O Series Mk1 Fastback.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:09 pm

It should fit both fastback and saloon models Jez, not sure if it will fit the coupé or not. The electrics on the genuine electric kit feature doubled-ended plugs to plug into the existing rear lighting loom and usually a raised longboat on the socket cover.
As for the mechanical side of the genuine towbar, i'm not sure of the differences as the one i fitted to my Sterling, although not genuine, used the OE mounting holes.

A pic or three would help those who know the differences to identify whether it's genuine, aftermarket or what.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor

Post by tonewheeldude » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:14 pm

Will fit a coupe too - they all share the same floorpan. You can use a mark 1 towbar on a mark II but you do have to drill one hole and the upper rear bolts dont fit, but otherwise useable. The sockets on a genuine towbar have a Rover logo on them.

If its a genuine towbar and you want to put the bumper back on...you wont be able to without the large metal panel that fits between the bumper and the back panel. This is removed when the towbar is fited.
Rover 825 Sterling Diesel Coupe (1999)

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:00 am

tonewheeldude wrote:Will fit a coupe too - they all share the same floorpan. The sockets on a genuine towbar have a Rover logo on them.

Wasn't sure about whether it would fit a coupé or not, so many other things are different that you wouldn't expect such as the scuttle, dashboard, door speaker covers to name just three.
As for the genuine electrics kit, i mentioned the longboat logo - i keep threatening to fit mine but there's always that dreaded knock from a misguided trailer or similar that damages the cover............
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!