99 Coupe 2.5 Auto

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
scotty2
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

99 Coupe 2.5 Auto

Post by scotty2 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:10 pm

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 950111218/

2nd down.
https://autoshite.com/topic/34511-ebay- ... page/5099/

Year: Tick
Colour: Tick
Coupe: Tick
Engine and gearbox: Nope.
Bugger.
800 Saloon, Fastback and Turbo Coupe!

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: 99 Coupe 2.5 Auto

Post by scoobyh123 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:22 pm

I'm guessing you've already realised it's the same car in both ads Scott?

Regardless of the fact it's a KV6, i wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole. Some idiot has put that horrible red OAT antifreeze in. Unles they've flushed the system extremely well (which i doubt) there's likely some ethylene glycol left in the system. The OAT causes the silicates in the EG antifreeze to precipitate out and form a silicone gel that is more like silicone sealant. Blocks the waterays and causes HGF in short order. Only remedy is strip it all down and meticulously clean every part of the cooling system - some parts you can't get to!

Also while not so much of a problem in the KV6, the OAT attacks cast iron worse than ethylene glycol did to aluminium.
I'm aware the Green Machine has the red OAT in it, i know it was well and truly flushed (including the heater matrix) and more or less rebuilt when it went in several years back. It does have a cast iron block but the then-owner reasonaed there were enough corrosion inhibitors to prevent any problems.

Chances are they've also put Dexron in the gearbox, that will kill the box fairly quickly. It needs a JWS3309 compatible fluid. Before you ask, it's not a Honda box, it's a JATCo box but still has special requirements.

Stick with what you were looking for, the Vitesse Coupe, there will be one out there eventually! :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

scotty2
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by scotty2 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:31 am

I just put both links in as I won't do Bookface. Autoshite is quite a good site for Moan, sorry Men of a certain age like me... ;-)
800 Saloon, Fastback and Turbo Coupe!

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:54 am

scotty2 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:31 am
I just put both links in as I won't do Bookface. Autoshite is quite a good site for Moan, sorry Men of a certain age like me... ;-)
I don't do Faceache either, long time since i went on Autoshite, last time i was on there it seemed to be populated by people who were convinced "lol" was a direct alternative to a full stop! :o :shock: :o
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!