Turbo Coupes for Sale

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
scotty2
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Turbo Coupes for Sale

Post by scotty2 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:18 pm

Due to semi retirement and a change in circumstances, I need to thin the fleet out.

I would like to sell both my Turbo Coupes as I have too many vehicles to use, and they are not getting used.

I won't waste my time listing their condition in great detail unless someone shows interest. One is roadworthy subject to an MOT, the other is a complete far too good to break project car that might need sills (supplied).

If interested, please get in touch before I advertise elsewhere.

I'm open to offers on each or the pair.
One is the ex-Hickmick P393MHP
The other is S703 EDM reg I bought in 2000 for £2k and put a new Air Con condenser in and a new clutch slave.
Blog from that advert here:

Rover 820 Vitesse Turbo Coupe
165, 000 Miles - Nightfire Red

I've had this Coupe for about 6 months, it was to tide me over the car season while my other BL was being painted, but as we all know everything has changed and as much as i'm fond of this old girl, realistically 2 classics while on furlough doesn't make financial sense, which is a shame but, it's life.

I appreciate it's not the best time to sell but I will be fair and safe, the car will be disinfected and on the driveway with key in it for inspection, when you're happy and you've transferred money I will unblock the drive and you can drive off with out any contact.

So now to the fun stuff, being honest I think the pictures probably over sell this car, I might be overly harsh but i'd rather be upfront as you'll see from my feedback. This car is not a 8-10k show vehicle, however it is a great daily driving survivor that you can take to shows and enjoy, it gets comments everywhere I go and it's had loads spent on it mechanically too.

Bodywork
This car has had lots of touch ups, which don't show from a few feet, but they're there, you could probably flat and polish a lot of them and get a better result to be honest, the tailgate has been painted (not brilliantly) Passenger door has a repair on it if you look close. The bonnet has some small cracks in it too. It needs a rear arch doing at some point, but it's underneath so not showing, the front arches are peeling on the underneath lip, but cosmetic not welding. There is a small spot of rust under the side repeater on the drivers side. On the plus side It's had 2 new tyres (the other 2 are recent as well), 4 wheels refurbed with new badge centres and new wheel nuts, new rear light gaskets, sunroof drains cleaned, (it no longer leaks), the notorious bumper brackets have been renewed and new chrome trims, side repeaters, all lights are working as they should, Overall i'd rate the body a 7/ 10, but as you can see, polished up it's still a great looking vehicle.

Engine
Loads done here in my ownership, originally when I had it, the car had an aftermarket air filter induction kit which wasn't to my liking, so I have sourced all the original parts to put back to standard, rocker cover gaskets, exhaust manifold gasket and associated studs, water pump seals, new alternator, replacement ac compressor, (climate works) fuel filter and air filter. To be honest I can't remember everything but it's now a nice running and driving car, The last owner had the flywheel repaired, which obviously means new clutch, master and slave cylinders, he also had a new battery fitted, so its had some money spent on it. Pulls really well and great to drive, good handling as well for a big car, quite surprising really.

Interior
Seats are in nice condition, there is some dash lift, but its not a bad place to be, electric windows and sunroof all work properly, I fitted a clock as well, as there was a boost gauge in the console, new front door speakers and a replacement coupe window switch pack.

I've probably missed some things off but it's all I can remember.
800 Saloon, Fastback and Turbo Coupe!

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable