R- reg 820i

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
soundrediscover
Regular Visitor

R- reg 820i

Post by soundrediscover » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:49 am

As I am being pressured to create space on the driveway, I am reluctantly offering my 820i for sale, reluctant because it is actually far more sound than my vitesse.
I bought this car as a Cat C writeoff last spring and was expecting to then scrap it but it has been too good and reliable, to the extent that Mrs F has borrowed it and transported our daughter around on a regular basis when her car has been in for service etc.
It has also seen us through two family holidays down in Cornwall without missing a beat.
It is not perfect, but has been great to the extent that I have rediscovered the pleasure of working on your own car with this one.
If you want more details or pictures just ask (they used to be in the garage on the old site).

1997(R) - Year
820i - Model
Petrol - Engine
Body style: Fastback;
Vitesse Recaros(grey) interior
Oxford Blue exterior
c95k - Mileage
Tax/MOT - July09/July09
Service History - various receipts

Bad Points:
- rear passenger door handle is broken, I do have a spare in a different colour which I may be able to spray if I get the time/weather.
- tail gate is gold as it was a replacement when the rear screen glass shattered last year. Again if I find the time I will spray it.
- phone kit fitted left antenna on roof (don't know the make, all the wiring remains - I've never used or investigated it)
- drivers side passenger door lock sounds "lazy" - it works but sounds like it may be sticking. I probably have a spare.
- rear shock was advisory for MOT
- some leakage into the boot

Good Points
very reliable, never been driven up hill, never been out in the rain :lol:
(OK, it's been very reliable).
Working air con, vitesse seats (with usual wear to drivers seat bolster), couple of new tyres and matching alloy spare rim
Towbar with working electrics
Can supply original Rover radio cassette player with code and a phillips CD auto changer (if wanted) although I don't have the connecting cable or mounting plate.
All the electrics work!
Can supply Sterling door cards if wanted rather than standard "i"
Fairly new exhaust
Long Tax/MOT

General:
Location - South Leicestershire
Price - £350 ono.
Contact details - send me a PM
Rock On!

Ian

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lord Sterling » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:06 am

Is that the dark Blue one that was brought to the meeting in Coventry, the one you offered me?

Lord Sterling

soundrediscover
Regular Visitor

Post by soundrediscover » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:34 pm

that's the one..... 8)
Rock On!

Ian

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable