Brand new headlamp covers

Moderators: guru, SJG

Manalishi
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Brand new headlamp covers

Post by Manalishi » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:15 pm

scoobyh123 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:46 am
Manalishi wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:12 am
At least no one can accuse you of having no ideas Dave! :lol: But I don't mind helping out if someone wants to have them for reproduction. I presume they are rare then!?

I don't think I want to give them any work really and I don't think they will ever be fitted to any my cars ( I have 4-5 spare headlamps) so they're really for sale. I have a tonne of spares/junk for my both 800s and my two Austins so I need to start getting rid of some of it.

Silly question, I guess they fit both mk1 and mk2?
They are fairly rare for one fairly obvious reason - not many people wanted them originally. When the car was new and insured without a thought to the cost of the insurance and the roads were much better back then, the chances of a stray stone flying up and breaking the headlamp glas were minimal. As such, many saw them as "just for posers" so not many were sold. Rimmers don't have a listing for them so whatever stocks they had (if any) have obviously long gone.

These days most people have got spare headlamps so they are, once again, mainly for posers or those of us who want to protect our headlamps from the multitude of stray stones on the roads.

That's why it's difficult to try and put a value on them. :wink: :D
...so any posers out there..?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Henrik
Rover 820 Vitesse Coupe 180bhp -93 (Italy)
Rover 827 Vitesse manual (non cat) -89 (Spain)
Lexus GS450h -13
Austin Seven Special -36
Gone:
Rover 820 ti -95
Rover 216 DOHC coupe -93
Rover 620 ti -98

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:09 pm

Manalishi wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:15 pm
scoobyh123 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:46 am
Manalishi wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:12 am
At least no one can accuse you of having no ideas Dave! :lol: But I don't mind helping out if someone wants to have them for reproduction. I presume they are rare then!?

I don't think I want to give them any work really and I don't think they will ever be fitted to any my cars ( I have 4-5 spare headlamps) so they're really for sale. I have a tonne of spares/junk for my both 800s and my two Austins so I need to start getting rid of some of it.

Silly question, I guess they fit both mk1 and mk2?
They are fairly rare for one fairly obvious reason - not many people wanted them originally. When the car was new and insured without a thought to the cost of the insurance and the roads were much better back then, the chances of a stray stone flying up and breaking the headlamp glas were minimal. As such, many saw them as "just for posers" so not many were sold. Rimmers don't have a listing for them so whatever stocks they had (if any) have obviously long gone.

These days most people have got spare headlamps so they are, once again, mainly for posers or those of us who want to protect our headlamps from the multitude of stray stones on the roads.

That's why it's difficult to try and put a value on them. :wink: :D
...so any posers out there..?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Might be a few who want to protect their headlamps with genuine Rover accessories too Henrik! :wink: :P

By the way, forgot to say that yes, they should also fit the Mk1 as the only real difference is the Mk1 has an extra lug moulded onto it for the grille to sit in/on but the lenses are the same as is the rest of the backshell. :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

Manalishi
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Manalishi » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:06 pm

These came with my Mk1 Dave but that isn't really a guarantee that they came with it from the beginning. But my hope is that someone that wants a tidy original car could have better use for them than I do. They do look a bit cool actually with the Rover text and red stripes. A nice bling.
Henrik
Rover 820 Vitesse Coupe 180bhp -93 (Italy)
Rover 827 Vitesse manual (non cat) -89 (Spain)
Lexus GS450h -13
Austin Seven Special -36
Gone:
Rover 820 ti -95
Rover 216 DOHC coupe -93
Rover 620 ti -98

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:33 pm

Manalishi wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:06 pm
These came with my Mk1 Dave but that isn't really a guarantee that they came with it from the beginning. But my hope is that someone that wants a tidy original car could have better use for them than I do. They do look a bit cool actually with the Rover text and red stripes. A nice bling.
Indeed they would be Henrik, you have a PM and i'm wondering if i could reproduce them, perhaps in black tinted translucent plastic (for show use only of course Ossifer! Hic!) or maybe use the black version as the basis for another idea i've often thought about.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!