Possible group buy(s)

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mitus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Possible group buy(s)

Post by Mitus » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:25 am

Just copied this over from Rovertech and figured it might get more interest here!

Hi all,

Just wanted to get some idea of how much interest there would be in bits and pieces for the 800 Series. Having just stripped a Vitesse for the engine, I had a few other parts from it to use as patterns for better/uprated/performance copies to be made up, these are:
Header tank - to be copied in aluminium
Metal coolant pipes - to be copied in aluminium
Full set of rubber coolant pipes - to be copied in silicon
Full set of REAR suspension bushes - to be copied in poly
Front ARB drop link bushes - to be copied in poly

I have a couple of diagrams here to help visualise the parts (mods, if I'm breaking any rules with regards to EPC, feel free to edit).
Header tank, in right hand pic but not numbered but I'm sure you'll recognise it!
Metal coolant pipes, I have item 20* (LH pic) and 12 (RH pic)
Rubber coolant pipes, I have item 22* (LH pic) and 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 & 14. Well, nearly. The 2 small pipes, 6 & 14, were misplaced when the engine was removed. They've not been chucked, but not been found yet either!

* I'm only familiar with my set up, which is T-Series turbo with A/C. Not sure what models would have items 16 & 18 (LH pic) fitted. Anyone shed any light on this?

From the LH pic, I have 20 & 22. RH pic I have 2, 10 & 18. My Coupe was originally a Sterling and the rear ARB is 19mm, however the Vitesse one is 21mm. Naturally I'll be putting the Vitesse one on my car so bushes will be 21mm. The rest should fit any Mk2 800 (possibly Mk1 too?) just the ARB is model specific. Also I've not removed the bushes yet, just dropped all the arms etc off of the car.

Front ARB drop links I didn't think were worthy of their own pic, I'm sure everyone is familiar with what they look like!

I also removed the rear engine steady and am wondering if the bushes are the same as the 220, would be nice if they are as these are now available in poly from MarkCoupe (I'll be pointing him in the direction of this post!) Not 100% sure the lower steady (on the cross member) could be copied in poly as it has studs moulded into it, but removed it anyway just in case!

I know cost is going to be an important factor for most on here (myself included!) and at this stage I have absolutely no idea on that front. I just thought whilst I had a whole car at my disposal I should take full advantage![/i]
Last edited by Mitus on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jago
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by jago » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:52 am

I'd be up fora metal header tank, however i would need the V6 water levels and a level sight (not the sensor cap)
Currently: 1995 mk2 sterling
missed but not forgotten: 1988 Rover 827 Si (13.835 @ 101.3mph)
Currently: 2003 Toyota celica Tsport VVTLI
previously:
more than a few cars

Vard66
Rover Guru

Post by Vard66 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:16 pm

Definately in for the header tank, as far as all else goes, it's a matter of money...
Vard.

2004 Astra SXi 1.7 CDTi
1995 Land Rover Discovery 3.9 V8i

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:18 pm

Header tanks and bottom coolant rails are likely to be good long term prospects, I'd say.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

vitessesport7
Regular Visitor

Post by vitessesport7 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:31 pm

hi,i would be interested in the coolant hoses in silicon.and the header tank, regards tony
rover 800s i just luv em

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:22 pm

Interested in rear end bushes for me.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

Mark827
Regular Visitor

Post by Mark827 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:23 pm

Header tank!!!!

Someone on here or the old site had an alloy header tank on their car.
Mark

'92 827 Coupe

malcolm_durant
Rover Guru

Post by malcolm_durant » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:25 pm

Definitely some "if the price is right and I have the cash available when the goods are available/to be ordered" interest here...

I'd also love to be able to get hold of a free-flow downpipe and turbo elbow assembly (why can't they be one component?).

But before all the above I need to find a decent T28....

Malcolm
Range Rover 4.6 HSE

Rover Vitesse Fastback - RIP
Rover Vitesse Sport - RIP
Rover 827 Vitesse - RIP
Rover 216 Vitesse - RIP

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:47 pm

I would go with the Header tank and bottom coolant pipe as well.
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

malcolm_durant
Rover Guru

Post by malcolm_durant » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:47 pm

Might be thinking of the wrong thing (possibly even the wrong car...), but isn't there also a universal joint on the rear ARB that's no longer available?

Actually; some strut braces for a fastback (removeable in the rear for practicality) would be good whilst I'm concocting my wish list of things I can't afford!!

Malcolm
Range Rover 4.6 HSE

Rover Vitesse Fastback - RIP
Rover Vitesse Sport - RIP
Rover 827 Vitesse - RIP
Rover 216 Vitesse - RIP

Vard66
Rover Guru

Post by Vard66 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:47 am

Mark827 wrote:Header tank!!!!

Someone on here or the old site had an alloy header tank on their car.
Jim, aka 'vitesse', with his monster of a car.

All the above would be lovely, but my issue is affording stuff...

Mind you, that said, I could claim it on the grounds of doing the rest of the susp bits in Dec, and fork out on all the front polys at the same time...
Vard.

2004 Astra SXi 1.7 CDTi
1995 Land Rover Discovery 3.9 V8i