blue mk1 820Se saloon A8FCH

Moderators: guru, SJG

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Re: blue mk1 820Se saloon A8FCH

Post by Richard Moss » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:09 pm

That's lovely
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lord Sterling » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:36 pm

Looks really nice Alex, almost as sparse as my D-reg 820E which I need to get on the road at some point.
Last edited by Lord Sterling on Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Post by BlueRover » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:13 am

It's got a red engine block, strange as I thought only the turbos got that. Anyway, fantastic car there Alex.
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

The Professor
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by The Professor » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:09 pm

I may be mistaken but was this car originally from the Cornwall Devon area? It seems very familiar to car that was advertised approx 2 years ago. It had a massive write up and very well advertised.
Looks very nice and cant be many left of that age in that condition. Good to see its in safe hands.
Glyn
Image Image

Dajazar
Rover Guru

Post by Dajazar » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:42 pm

Hmm,

Don't know about Cornwall but the Dutton Forshaw dealer sticker suggests the North East to me. Dutton Forshaw were once a multi franchise dealer up here. The last one (a Jaguar franchise) was opposite where my OH worked. It closed it's doors in the 90's.
Tracy
Love my cars
Rover 827 Sterling SOLD
Subaru Legacy Outback 2.5 For Sale
Honda CRV 2.0

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:45 pm

It was originally from about ten miles down the road, yes! It lived in Budleigh Salterton all it's life until being sold on eBay by The Doctor a few years ago. It was then a one owner car from new. Two people owned it before the chap I got it from (Lyn) bought it in 2009.

So far there are a few things that need to be attended to:

* Radio only works out of the right side speakers (wiring and speakers themselves checked and replacement set fitted in lieu which works fine). Ordinarily I'd fling the faulty radio but here I have such a rarity which is a working tape deck. Yes, really. I want to keep this car 100% original so I'll get the set sent away to be repaired. I think the amplifier is faulty.

* Cooling fan doesn't come on automatically - I ran it up on the drive today and the gauge got to 3/4 and nowt happened. Not wanting to risk it further I shorted the fan wires so the fan came on manually. New switch is on order from Rimmers.

* Interior lights have been disabled as they kept coming on randomly. Lyn bought a new yellow delay relay (they can often fail causing the lights to stay on) but that didn't resolve it so as a precaution all bulbs were removed. The suspect in my view are the door switches, so I'll try by substitution.

* Few panel bulbs out on the six dial dash.

All these issues are nothing earth shattering at all, and should take me an afternoon to sort in total. The important one to sort is the cooling fan (which work when the connections are bridged so it's the switch at fault). These bits and a full service and that's about it.

Does anyone know of a good place to get car audio repaired incidentally?
One or two 800s...

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:53 pm

EEh Tracey you've just brought back fond memeories there.

My parents used to get their Rovers from Dutton Forshaw in Blaydon. I remember sitting in the show room looking through brochures whilst they signed the paper work for their new 213.

Dutton Forshaw......(sigh)

Sorry about that Alex, hijacking your thread, that is a lovely car.
Wish I'd gone for it now as it has a Dutton Forshaw sticker in the window...Sigh

Kate :D

The Professor
Rover Guru

Post by The Professor » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:50 pm

Alex SBY wrote:It was originally from about ten miles down the road, yes! It lived in Budleigh Salterton all it's life until being sold on eBay by The Doctor a few years ago. It was then a one owner car from new. Two people owned it before the chap I got it from (Lyn) bought it in 2009.

* Radio only works out of the right side speakers (wiring and speakers themselves checked and replacement set fitted in lieu which works fine). Ordinarily I'd fling the faulty radio but here I have such a rarity which is a working tape deck. Yes, really. I want to keep this car 100% original so I'll get the set sent away to be repaired. I think the amplifier is faulty.

Does anyone know of a good place to get car audio repaired incidentally?

I don't know if these guys can help? I have not used them but regularly see them at the Beaulieu autojumble and have always been interested in their products on display. They say in their ad to the late 70's. Not sure if they repair or just sell their own recondtioned. i attach the link anyway.

http://www.vintagewireless.co.uk/
Glyn
Image Image