Silver Sterling with Beige Interior T437UNP £1495

Moderators: guru, SJG

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Silver Sterling with Beige Interior T437UNP £1495

Post by Lord Sterling » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:30 pm

deano wrote:Some cars never become collectable... Face facts
You saying Rover 800s will never become collectable?

Look at this site and what its about, look at members like Myself, Very Tall Brad, Alex, Whitelion, Scooby Dave, TDHKate to name but a very few. Look what we all have have in common; we all own multiple Rover 800s, this means that we own more than one, I myself also know/heard of many other enthusiasts.

Rover 800s are going up in price, no matter how much you moan and complain, theres nothing you can do about it.

You need to wake up, get with the times and learn about the world around you.

deano
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by deano » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:54 pm

I know what i see...
Own as many as want..
But they are only worth as much as someone else will pay for them
and at the mo that aint much..

But if you enjoy them then money dont matter does it
1993 Rover 827 SLI Fastback Mk2
1999 Rover 825 Sterling Saloon Mk2 (HGF)
------------------
Previously
1996 Rover 825 Sterling Coupe Mk2
1993 Rover 827 Sterling Saloon Mk2
1990 Rover 827 Sterling Saloon Mk1
1972 Rover P6 2000TC

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:26 pm

deano wrote: and at the mo that aint much..
It depends where you sell them. I sold a lot of mine to Japan, Germany, Austria and USA. The demand in these countries is high.
No longer an 800 owner!

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:24 pm

It will be to our advantage in the long run if the prices do rise somewhat because that will make it more likely that they will be restored rather than broken. It will also mean that it is worth spending some money to replace fuel filler pipes etc.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:33 pm

You might very well think that, but of course, I couldn't possibly comment...... :wink:

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:03 pm

As for silver + cream, I quite liked my Zircon 820 with cream upholstery, blue piping and a blue carpet. It worked with the blue-tinged Zircon silver (but would probably have looked kack with "straight" silver)

Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:16 am

These cars are increasingly rising in value. The fact I paid a few quid short of £2k for a mint D reg 820Si on ebay recently evidences that. I consider that I got a bargain.

Part of the work I do, and we all do on here is raising the profile of the cars. Frankly with attitudes like "they'll never be worth anything" really makes all our work seem worthwhile.

It reminds me of an old expression I used to use about online groups. There's no bigger hater of Rovers than a Rover enthusiast.
One or two 800s...

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:52 pm

It's all subjective ..........

We'll not eliminate the £200 latest scrapyard models that are inevitable, nor the budget mindset that inevitably goes with it, such as "can I afford the £30 fuel to travel 200 miles for that rare set of alloys I've been searching 8 months for", or, "how much is the entrance fee to the show, I'll see if I can get another shift in at MaccyD's this week to pay for it", people have different budgets, spare cash, mindsets, priorities, positions in life, what we have on here generally is a common regard for the car.

Mines insured for classic £3k agreed valuation with salvage rights, essential if the insurance company want to write it off if for example they can't find a new filler neck or grey mat set :lol:

The values are certainly there and so are the buyers, I have a file full of them for Insurance purposes.

There's a large audience for these cars at present from both ends of the spectrum, and with show work from people like Kate, Alex and myself to name a few being represented at most car shows/events (I've done 11 this year), the audience and perception is changing for the good slowly and we don't need to leap down each others throats because of contrary viewpoints.

The poor ones will die and become valuable donors for the mid range and the cream, from which values and image perception will rise.

We can't save 'em all however, and rightly so :wink:
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

Charles827si
Rover Guru

Post by Charles827si » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:41 pm

Very Tall Brad wrote:I collect lawnmowers
What sort of lawn mowers do you collect Brad? My dad has bought and refurbished one or two scarifiers for pleasure - I think he finds doing that quite satisfying in his spare time.
Charles 'Yorks'
"88 827si Fastback (manual) - Mum owned from new
"92 827 Coupe (manual)
"88 827sli Saloon (auto)
2011 Lexus IS220D F Sport
It's a stick shift? No, It's a grip shift!
ImageImage