MEMS ECU with adjustable boost cut on ebay

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
820Vitesse
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

MEMS ECU with adjustable boost cut on ebay

Post by 820Vitesse » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:48 pm

I have put the original ECU from my 1994 820 Vitesse on ebay, it has a boost cut mod so it is raised, to currently about 20psi but can be adjusted back to a more sensible level if needed.
Handy if you want to use a boost controller to add a few more psi, but I do not recommend going much over 10 to 12 psi especially on a standard engine.
It is the early distributor cap type from a 180hp Vitesse. ECU no. YR MKC102140 0704 4043
Removed working from a working engine to fit DTA

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-MEMS-EC ... SwImRYiIVp

traineefarmer
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: MEMS ECU with adjustable boost cut on ebay

Post by traineefarmer » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:54 am

I'd have that if it was for a wasted spark. Is that a home built mod or an off the shelf one?
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

820Vitesse
Regular Visitor

Post by 820Vitesse » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:32 pm

I paid a fortune to have it fitted by PTS for Ten of the best many years ago, so I could run a bit more boost without the boost spike hitting the cut out.
I dont know if it can be done DIY, I guess if you know what your doing and you copied the parts it is possible.

Jim

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:38 pm

I'm actually wondering if I can remove it from your ECU and fit it to mine. The boost spike when running a manual boost controller is causing me issues too.

My engine, while tuned is only running stock pistons, so I'm pretty careful about boost levels, but it often flicks up to 15 before settling down to 12 (ish) sometimes causing boost cut which isn't too good for anything either.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

820Vitesse
Regular Visitor

Post by 820Vitesse » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:49 pm

I dont know the differences between the ECU's if it is just software or the hardware is different, you need both side by side to know for sure, so I wouldnt like to say.