Rover cars for sale

Moderators: guru, SJG

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: Rover cars for sale

Post by scoobyh123 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:06 pm

rovercoup wrote:
deano wrote:What bothers me is spending too much money on repairs/restoration, major engine work , welding or resprays don't come cheap..
Am I just pouring money into a empty hole. :?
Didn't know you were buying Fords
:lol: :lol: :lol:
deano wrote:
scoobyh123 wrote:A reliable source tells me Adrian Flux (insurance) view any 800 as worth a minimum of £2k Dean - how does that compare to what you paid for yours? Has it added some value? :wink: :D
only if its written off Dave...

don't forget when I bought the fastback off Russ, he was about to scrap it cos he couldn't find a buyer and needed it gone.

does that make it worthless then ? :(
Maybe it is only if it's written off but it's still a good indication of value/condition.

I seem to recall Russ was selling just after xmas a year or two back because he had a company car arriving soon after and didn't have the space and/or funds to keep it.

I remember him threatening to scrap it and i'm glad you bought it - i would have done but like so many others at that time of year, didn't have the funds etc.
That doesn't make it worthless, just puts it in a buyers market and if there are no buyers then it won't sell. Obviously a few months later when more people are looking for one it's then in a sellers market and people are waving cash around like confetti and a much higher value is realised.

Just my take on it. :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

deano
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by deano » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:30 pm

well you must celebrate Christmas at an odd time then Dave..
It was in August when I bought it :lol:

Although I believe it was up for sale for a month or two prior to that.

Yes he was getting a `euro box` company car as he called it, with little or no choice.
and had a few other motors already, MG soft top being one of them.
Space is always a premium.

Came with loads and loads of spares too,
I`m thinking now, maybe he kept it all in a rented garage and was having to give it up.
1993 Rover 827 SLI Fastback Mk2
1999 Rover 825 Sterling Saloon Mk2 (HGF)
------------------
Previously
1996 Rover 825 Sterling Coupe Mk2
1993 Rover 827 Sterling Saloon Mk2
1990 Rover 827 Sterling Saloon Mk1
1972 Rover P6 2000TC

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:36 am

That would be my midsummer xmas then Dean! :wink: :D

I may have got the time it was advertised wrong but fairly sure it was early in the year, you say it had been advertised a couple of months before you bought it, somewhere in the middle is probably when it was first up for sale so maybe April?

The rented garage theory is probably the most likely, we'll probably never know unless he miraculously pops up from out of cyberspace and tells us! :wink: :lol:
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

mjc9967
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by mjc9967 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:09 pm

Agreed house prices rising do no-one any good unless you're either downsizing (downpricing?) or in a position to sell up and exit the market and pocket the cash - could be tricky when you come back in again though...

It would be good if R800's got a boost to their values if only for the fact that more people might be prepared to spend more to keep/make them nice. Apart from that well, they were never going to provide us with a pension were they! :wink:

Just have them and look after them because we love them.
Mark

91H 820i Auto F/B Nordic Blue 32k
91H 820i Auto F/B Nightfire 65k
99V 825 Sterling Auto 4dr BRG 77k