My Sterling Boy's and Girls LPG And cheap

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
820TickyTubby
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My Sterling Boy's and Girls LPG And cheap

Post by 820TickyTubby » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:25 pm

This is still taxed needs a auto box as it is sliping again!! prob a hand brake cable and a few other things for test defo worth fixing love this car to bit's it is the cleanest 800 boddy wise I have ever had!! Pleasesom one buy it and save it I could fit a box for the new buyer I just cant aford to do another one on the down time too many other job's that pay!! :cry: :x :cry: :(
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... 1000816639

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Re: My Sterling Boy's and Girls LPG And cheap

Post by Richard Moss » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:43 am

Another "wish i could" moment. Looks nice, although the lowered look isn't really my thing.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

simon
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by simon » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:47 am

Got any more photos?
Simon & Jane.

Rover 825sd 229,000.
Rover SD1 V8 VDP 126,000 will get running this year.
2 rover 75's

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:42 am

Question: would the (perfect) auto box from my scrap 1991 827 limo fit this?

The limo has the later style selector lever with the S4 button on the selector handle (like the MK2). I know early/late cars have some differences between wiring though.

If that were to fit, I could be interested...
One or two 800s...

820TickyTubby
Regular Visitor

Post by 820TickyTubby » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:29 am

Belive me people this is one hell of a car it is going to be sadly missed for sure there is no rot anywere on the car apart from two tiny blisters starting on the front wings! I have a lot more photos of it on my Facebook please somone buy this as it may have to go on the weigh bridge the way funds are!! The gass kit must be worth the asking price alone!! I have the standard springs and shocks for this car but I just dont have the time to change them over but if any one on here wants to give me £300 for the car I could fit a gear box and the std suspension set up back to it for £150 labour so it could be driven any were then I would jump in this and go to london with out a question if it wernt for the gear box!! the wrong one was fited when I changed it is from a 1990 car:(
Alex if it has the two speed sensors on the end of the gear box it is the right box this car curently has the wrong box fited that is why it failed!! :(

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:43 am

I can't check until the weekend (I'm working away and the limo is back in Devon) but where do I need to look for these sensors? Are they at the front of the gearbox down near where the gearbox cooler pipes go into the box itself? If so I *think* I have two connectors there, but not sure.
One or two 800s...

820TickyTubby
Regular Visitor

Post by 820TickyTubby » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:00 pm

The sensors are on the very end casing of the gear box nearest the pasenger wheel I need it gone asap I have anther maestro van coming and I am ploughing on with my Tickford so somthing has to go!! i am gona miss this old girl lots!!

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:36 pm

I looked at the limo this weekend and it has two black objects on the end of the gearbox nearest the passenger wheel. I guess that these are the sensors. As there are two, I'd imagine that the limo gearbox would fit...
One or two 800s...

820TickyTubby
Regular Visitor

Post by 820TickyTubby » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:07 pm

This is now sold to another rover Nut local to me it has found a good home!!

Stewart
Regular Visitor

Post by Stewart » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:56 am

For futire referance any 827 auto bix will fit any 827 auto. I know the later ones have more sensors but you just have to swap the endplate over to convert from one to the other, its not a lot of work at all
1999 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connesieur
1997 Citroen XM TCT VSX
1994 Citroen XM TCT Exclusive 5 speed, 1 of 2
1992 Range Rover Vouge SE 3.9 auto LPG
1985 VW Golf GTI
1975 MG Midget
1959 Austin Healey Sprite Mk1 (1380)