Rover 827 Coupe

Magazine articles, history etc.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Charles827si
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rover 827 Coupe

Post by Charles827si » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:50 pm

I'm not sure who has written this article but now and then I read it, aside from ignoring the adult themed adverts on the right. The reviewer has based his account on driving a car from Brads collection at the time.

http://xn----itbkqkfiq.xn--p1ai/rover-827-coupe.php
Charles 'Yorks'
"88 827si Fastback (manual) - Mum owned from new
"92 827 Coupe (manual)
"88 827sli Saloon (auto)
2011 Lexus IS220D F Sport
It's a stick shift? No, It's a grip shift!
ImageImage

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: Rover 827 Coupe

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:06 pm

Charles827si wrote:I'm not sure who has written this article but now and then I read it, aside from ignoring the adult themed adverts on the right. The reviewer has based his account on driving a car from Brads collection at the time.

http://xn----itbkqkfiq.xn--p1ai/rover-827-coupe.php
You need AdBlockerPlus! It's an add-on for your browser that disables unwanted ads, speeds up loading of pages (you don't have to wait for the ads to load) and don''t get plagued with unsavoury adverts! :wink: :D

That aside, quite a positive review except for one thing - " Add this to the softer suspension of the R17 cars," - i was always under the impression the suspension was softer on the Mk1 or maybe the springs were missing from my first Sterling? Other than that, comparing a Mk2 coupé to a Mk1 is chalk and cheese, although very similar cars we all know there are quite a lot of differences.

I think he's missed the point of the coupé a bit although he does hint at it. It's meant to be more of a Grand Tourer (GT) car than a sports car, maybe if he'd driven an 820 Vitesse coupé instead of the 827 version he'd find the "sporting pretensions" he thinks coupés should have.

Thanks for posting the link anyway Charles, it is an interesting read! :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable