Police 800 photo album

Magazine articles, history etc.

Moderators: guru, SJG

TDHFastback
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Police 800 photo album

Post by TDHFastback » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:41 pm

Right good people
Thought I would start up an album for any piccies of Police 800's in action (or rozzer rovers). I'll start you off with what I've got and hopefully you can paste on whatever you lot have got.

Hope this is of interest to some out there because I think it's fab :D

here's your starter for 10

This is the last 827 still owned by the Metropolitan Police. as you can see it has a later style dash with airbag but the old 2.7 Honda engine.

This is a lovely car an is the one I could possibly get for shows/rallies etc.

This next 827 was the last one I drove on a Pilot course on a fast run up to coventry. Unfortunatly she never made it as the gear box went. My operator smiling in the piccy was a huge mercedes fan so wonder just what he is doing there :? Its a shame as it was immaculate inside and had lots of toys and gizmos to play with being a training vehicle. I never saw it again :cry:

This last piccy is one you all recognise and was taken at TDH. The nasty horrible userper is lurking behind it
:P I don't like Omega's :P :P

Hope you find all these interesting and feel free to add your own. I have a couple more photographs to scan in so will show them in due course.

nenaneenaneenaa

Kate :D

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lord Sterling » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:15 pm

With bonus 800 Coupe in the background left of the pic, you can just see the back end of it. I wonder of that was Brad? :lol:

One of my 2.7 Sterlings also has an airbag dash, they were available on post-95 800s that still came with 2.7s. Not a popular dash here, which is one of the reasons I'm not changing it.

Lord Sterling

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Thanks for sharing those Kate
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:24 pm

This is great seeing pictures that normally would remain private. Great stuff, Kateeeee nah nee nah nee nah 8)
No longer an 800 owner!

TDHFastback

good spot

Post by TDHFastback » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:19 pm

Well I never Lord Sterling. I never saw that as every time I looked at the piccy I just saw the 827. This photo was taken in 1999 when 800s were still being sold.
Nice one

marcushull
Regular Visitor

Re: good spot

Post by marcushull » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:51 pm

TDHFastback wrote:Well I never Lord Sterling. I never saw that as every time I looked at the piccy I just saw the 827. This photo was taken in 1999 when 800s were still being sold.
Nice one

looks like a coupe behind round boot edge ?

Flinty
Regular Visitor

Post by Flinty » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:52 am

Have to say I love the pics...

in fact it was the police that first got me interested in the 800's they just look so good in the full livery.

well done Kate some cracking pictures there.

The Flying Dutchman
Rover Guru

Post by The Flying Dutchman » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:15 am

Is that a grey steering wheel airbag?!!! Compared to the steering wheel it is much lighter and compared to the dash it's almost the same. Never seen that.
Job.

'73 P5B Sal.
'94 220 Coupe
'96 220 Coupe
'95 827 Coupe
'97 820Si
'99 600SDi Classic
'69 Herald 12/50

Nuts4my827
Rover Guru

Post by Nuts4my827 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:52 am

Wow, they take me back. Hope it can make Bromley pagaent next year :D
Phil B
95 827 Stirling: Nightfire Saloon.
96 Coupé 827 Manual White Gold.
97 Coupé 820 Vitesse Gunmetal.
99 820 Vitesse Nightfire Fastback. SERIOUS amount of welding done. Lived in a fettid garage for years.
EX 1994 Saloon Rover 827 SLi White Gold- RIP.

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:27 pm

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Is that a grey steering wheel airbag?!!
No, its the flash from the camera. The steering wheel and centre are Black.

Lord Sterling

guru
Site Admin

Post by guru » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:10 am

I do like an 800 in uniform :wink:

I like the way they just kind of stuck the hazard light button back in place after making it homeless!
Guru - AKA James
m6jkk.com
Current Fleet
1991 Rover Sterling mk1c (taking a break)
2015 Mercedes C300 Hybrid
2015 Mini Cooper SD

TDHFastback

some more piccys

Post by TDHFastback » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:32 am

Hi guys. Couple more piccys to drool over. I love the mk1 at Hyde park corner. It gives me goosebumps just looking at it (i've got a copy of this in a frame on the wall). Enjoy.

Those wheels on the Mk1 look fab.

ps I know I'm sad but I can't help it. They just do things for me :oops:

TDHFastback

and theres more

Post by TDHFastback » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:27 am

These were taken when the classic fleet went to Hampton court for a photo shoot. Have included the SD1 so you can see how similar the shape is compared to our beloved 827. (I prefer the 827 :wink: )

Super eh.

ps must say a big thank you to all those at TDT who took this last set of photos and who I have pestered over time to keep looking at their 827. Thanks for your patience.

TDHFastback

help

Post by TDHFastback » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:35 am

As you can see all my piccys are from the Met. Anyone got any pictures of 'county mounty' 800's?

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:02 pm

As requested, I have moved this to the Articles and Archives section as it serves a better purpose here and is certainly easier to find.

Lord Sterling