Original Rover Manuals and Videos

Magazine articles, history etc.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Charles827si
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Original Rover Manuals and Videos

Post by Charles827si » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:30 am

I sent one this morning to your email. I didn't think it had worked yesterday.
Charles 'Yorks'
"88 827si Fastback (manual) - Mum owned from new
"92 827 Coupe (manual)
"88 827sli Saloon (auto)
2011 Lexus IS220D F Sport
It's a stick shift? No, It's a grip shift!
ImageImage

TheVDM
Regular Visitor

Post by TheVDM » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:53 am

If anybody can send me a copy of the MKI bits I can set up a backup on the end of my web server in case of any outages.

P.S. I already have a backup of a load of MKII bits that can be found at http://my800.co.uk/paperwork, I'll pop the desktop on later and upload what I have on there too, which I think might include some of the videos too.
Jim Valentine

1999 Jaguar S-Type V6 SE (want to swap for an 800)
My old 800.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:59 pm

Thanks Tim, Jim, Brad and anyone i missed for this useful resource of info, much appreciated!
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

Mark827
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Mark827 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:04 pm

I have 'Rover 800 Coupe Electrical Fault Finding Manual' that I've had for many years. Its really useful as its specific to the Coupe dated 1992.
Some of the diagrams are A3 size too.
Not seen this listed anywhere before so it must be quite rare.
If Tim wants to scan it I could post it or drop it off personally as I work that way.
Mark

'92 827 Coupe

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:53 am

A big thank you from me too to all you guys, this along with Kates methodically detailed, indexed binder of catalogues, cuttings and articles is invaluable and irreplaceable.
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

whitelion58
Rover Guru

Post by whitelion58 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Cheers Mark, PM sent...
'86 825 Sterling Saloon
'90 827 Si Fastback
'94 Sterling Coupe
+ others.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

baldric
Regular Visitor

Post by baldric » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:42 am

I am new to rover always wanted a 1954 model , and only just managed to source a rover 820 sli ,,, joined the group a couple of weeks ago , have been scanning vast amounts of know-how from the pages of the group , and the last pages here are invaluable , so thanks to everyone who has contributed many thanks for the knowledge has been well received
baldric
western Australia!

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Fri May 23, 2014 1:08 pm

Tim - technical question (sort of!) - on the "SuperCD" disc that i have somewhere there is a section purely on repairing the air-con compressor clutch.
Sadly due to my organisation (or lack of!) i can't find the disc at present. Have you seen, heard of, come across, uploaded or otherwise had knowledge of this article? If so i'd be grateful for any pointers as to where i can download a copy please?

If all else fails when (if!!!) i find my SuperCD i'll let you know and send you a copy of the relevant file, meanwhile any information would be very helpful please!
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

TheVDM
Regular Visitor

Post by TheVDM » Fri May 23, 2014 7:09 pm

Hi Dave, I'm pretty sure I have a copy of the Super CD somewhere, although I suffer with similar organisational skills, that and the new meds make me forget everything except for the day (that's just because it's kindly printed on the blister packs lol). If I come across it I'll stick a copy in the post to you if you like.
Jim Valentine

1999 Jaguar S-Type V6 SE (want to swap for an 800)
My old 800.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Fri May 23, 2014 8:41 pm

Hi Jim,

nice to hear from you and good to know you still find your way onto here!

That would be very useful if you could do that, thanks very much! The air-con in my Sterling has been deactivated for a while now (with periodic reactivations to keep the seals working etc while wearing ear defenders!) as the bearings in the electro-magnetic clutch have gone. Imagine a washing machine with duff bearings but about 20 times louder! :shock:
I've had a replacement compressor for a while now but that would need a de and re gas which is going to be a minimum of £50. While trawling the net some time back i came across this Air-con clutch service tool kit so i decided it had to be worth a go!

Then after ordering it i found i can't find the SuperCD - i have most of the other relevant stuff to mine stored on my PC, except that bit! :roll:
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate