My current runabout(Subaru haters look away now)

Non-Rover chat and tech stuff

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hoody
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My current runabout(Subaru haters look away now)

Post by hoody » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:29 am

2000 Impreza P1

running it whilst selling it for a friend,not back friendly in any way but a fantastic driving car.

MikeMedford
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by MikeMedford » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:21 pm

X Reg, back before every tom dick and harry had one, I quite liked them then.

Everyone I see now always wants a race at the traffic lights, gets annoying.

Although I should really take it as a compliment that they feel the need to race my "grandad mobile".

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:01 pm

Chavtastic! :D

Driven one of these, acceleration was astronomical. But as fast as it is though, I just didnt feel very moved by its driving experience, and it was most certainly devoid of any character.

Certainly fits the bill if you......

- Live on a council estate.

- Have short hair and tattoos.

- Always wear a football shirt.

- Have a very big flat-screen telly and a new company Transit van for "work"

- Clean the car without wearing a shirt whilst car stereo pumps out banging "choons"

Any of these apply to you?

:lol:

Lord Sterling

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:42 pm

Ah-ha! The better/sportier looking coupe version!! Still a Subaru though!! Had one of those god awful 4x4 estates they made in the late '80s, put me off them for life!! Like the look of the Legacy though.....
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

PhilC
Regular Visitor

Post by PhilC » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:27 am

scoobyh123 wrote:Ah-ha! The better/sportier looking coupe version!! Still a Subaru though!! Had one of those god awful 4x4 estates they made in the late '80s, put me off them for life!! Like the look of the Legacy though.....
Didn't they do a twin turbo estate?
1998 Rover Sterling 2.5 (Gone to car heaven)
2014 Ford Fiesta Titanium X
2003 Mercedes SL350
2009 Vauxhall Zafira 1.8 Elite
1983 Jago Geep 1.6 (Ford Xflow)
1985 Yak 52 (Group Share)
1968 Reims Cessna 172H (Group Share)

Random Hero
Regular Visitor

Post by Random Hero » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:24 am

MikeMedford wrote:X Reg, back before every tom dick and harry had one, I quite liked them then.

Everyone I see now always wants a race at the traffic lights, gets annoying.

Although I should really take it as a compliment that they feel the need to race my "grandad mobile".
So, what are the results of such a race? :D

About the car...I think it is somewhat the polar opposite of a 800. it is small, sporty, 4wd and most important of all - rigid. The 800 is like driving while sitting on a couch and I am pretty sure that a subaru like that would rattle out someone's fake teeth :P

hoody
Regular Visitor

Post by hoody » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:13 am

it is a car built for driving on back roads,the handling is quite unbelievable and literally will take your breath away.These were a limited run of 1000 cars made for 1 year and Subaru developed them for British roads going through 22 different suspension set-ups before settling on the system fitted.Only 2 door imrezas supplied to the uk,others are imports.

I was no fan of Impreza's having been in a few but this car is not like any i had been in/driven before it is truly amazing on the twisy roads around where i stay and has changed a few peoples opinion on the cars.In a straight line they are fast but not blindingly fast 4.7 0-60 aint slow but this is as close to a rally car that i have experienced on the road and it does make you feel young again ....until you get out and everything aches.

I could necer live with one as i like my comfort too much but i am glad i have the opportunity to run one of these for a while as it is as close to a supercar as i will ever own.

Mo,i have short hair (whats left of it),what you describe is the WRX owners who keep asking me where i got the spoiler(fuds)

God my back hurts :D

MikeMedford
Rover Guru

Post by MikeMedford » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:52 am

P1 was tuned by prodrive wasn't it?

Have been the passenger in a 22B STi and that was very rapid especially in country lanes in NE scotland.

Don't think I'd like living with one though day to day, a skyline or a celica gt4 on the otherhand...
Random Hero wrote:
So, what are the results of such a race? :D

About the car...I think it is somewhat the polar opposite of a 800. it is small, sporty, 4wd and most important of all - rigid. The 800 is like driving while sitting on a couch and I am pretty sure that a subaru like that would rattle out someone's fake teeth :P
I never bother trying, from a standstill the impreza can't be beaten by many cars.

Dual carriageway and motorway is another story though, they struggle against the vitesse then unless tuned.

As an everyday car I prefer the vitesse over most things, it's quick enough to surprise alot of cars, I can fit pretty much anything into the car and even with the sporty suspension and recaros I find it comfy even on long journeys.

Mark827
Regular Visitor

Post by Mark827 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 pm

Mate of mine has had a couple of 300bhp Imprezza's, very quick.
He's just last week bought an 07 plate Audi RS4. Its a monster, went out in it the other day. 414bhp V8. The seats squeeze you in Sport mode.
Mark

'92 827 Coupe

Vard66
Rover Guru

Post by Vard66 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:06 pm

Poke my nose in expecting to see a Leggy estate, and it's a P1.

As a runaround???

Madman. Personally if I owned one it would be closely guarded by a big black man with an AK at all times.
Vard.

2004 Astra SXi 1.7 CDTi
1995 Land Rover Discovery 3.9 V8i

rich1988
Rover Guru

Post by rich1988 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:34 pm

Mark827 wrote:Mate of mine has had a couple of 300bhp Imprezza's, very quick.
He's just last week bought an 07 plate Audi RS4. Its a monster, went out in it the other day. 414bhp V8. The seats squeeze you in Sport mode.
dont tell him as it will make him sad! but the RS4 is highly notorious for making considerably under the quoted power, there was a thread on a forum I go on a lot of them were run and most made about 350/360 very few ran near the 414 figure and the ones that did were modified a fair amount!
1995 woodcote green vitesse fastback, a modified (only perfomance mods!) 1998 nissan 200sx s14a, 2000 1.7 astra van (HELL YEA)