My daily driver ( not strictly non rover )

Non-Rover chat and tech stuff

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
staffs
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My daily driver ( not strictly non rover )

Post by staffs » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:59 am

CHR15E
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by CHR15E » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:56 pm

I've been toying with the idea of getting a ZT for about 2 years now I think. Still no nearer. :lol:

What's the diesel like perfomance wise?
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

staffs

Post by staffs » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:05 pm

Not bad at all Chris , i had a ZS 180 before which was a fair bit quicker (about the same as my vitesse ) but fuel econamy was terrible, went for the ZTT because we have too young children.
the mpg is about 45 to the gallon and the tourqe of the engine is very good , so overall a good package ( shame the engine is German though lol )

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:17 pm

I think if and when I get one it would be a 190 TBH.

Not a fan of diesels generally, don't make the right noise. :lol:
Chris

Dajazar
Rover Guru

Post by Dajazar » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:21 pm

CHR15E wrote:I think if and when I get one it would be a 190 TBH.

Depends on the diesel :lol: Admittedly the VM is on the rattley end of the scale but with a lot of the modern stuff you really would struggle to tell the difference.
Tracy
Love my cars
Rover 827 Sterling SOLD
Subaru Legacy Outback 2.5 For Sale
Honda CRV 2.0

staffs

Post by staffs » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:24 pm

yes i hear what your saying , i had a 75 with the v6 in ..a lovely sound and really smooth, it just comes down to fuel bills in the end i spose
and servicing costs i spose

The Professor
Rover Guru

Post by The Professor » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:54 pm

Nice ZT.
I have often considered buying a V8 several times but have decided to pass on that for now.I had a real dilema recently when out of the blue one came up very close to home about 1 mile away. It was a very nice Mk1 (the exact spec i like),Silver with 31,000 miles on the clock and dirt cheap and its rare to get such a combination so close to home. It was on a plate for me . However I am looking for specific car at the moment but hadn't planned on this. I thought do i spend my restoration budget for my 827 on the V8. It would probably make a lot more sense to buy it and keep looking for the other car but it would have meant it would probably have been at the expense of my 827 . In the end i decided on sentimentality. i would probably kick myself for not buying but inthe end took the decision to stick to my original plans. Never say never though.
I like the 75 and the estate versions but i have been put off by engine issues. Some people tell you there isn't a problem but i hear so many tales of woe with head gasket problems with both the 1.8 and V6 versions.
The 1.8 sounds to suffer so many other problems as well.
Glyn
Image Image

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:28 pm

Dajazar wrote:
CHR15E wrote:I think if and when I get one it would be a 190 TBH.

Depends on the diesel :lol: Admittedly the VM is on the rattley end of the scale but with a lot of the modern stuff you really would struggle to tell the difference.
I disagree. They are a lot quieter but they don't sound like a petrol. TBH specifically I mean against a V or straight 6 or larger. I don't like 4 pots either. :roll:
staffs wrote:yes i hear what your saying , i had a 75 with the v6 in ..a lovely sound and really smooth, it just comes down to fuel bills in the end i spose
and servicing costs i spose
Not having a go mate. I understand that.
Chris