My Rover 820 vitesse sport coupe

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Benjibear
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My Rover 820 vitesse sport coupe

Post by Benjibear » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:22 pm

My Vitty owned now for 2 years!!

Current SORN, but hopefully back on the road soon!! :D

I bought the car for £450 from a old chap in Boston, Lincs, which at the time i thought was a steal!!

It had a badly peeling passenger side wing and the drivers side door switches were intermittent, both of which have now been fixed!

Ive got plans to restore it to original condition, but updating and upgrading with better parts as i go!!

Undecided whether to refurb the wheels or go down the aftermarket route with either Rota grids or Buddyclub alloys from a Honda accord!!
Benjamin
1998 BRG Vitesse sport coupe - Work in progress
1998 White Vitesse sport saloon - Recaro interior - Scrapped :(
1997 Blue Vitesse sport saloon - Full grey leather interior - sold
1995 Red Vitesse sport Fastback - Recaro interior - RIP

Thomas J
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: My Rover 820 vitesse sport coupe

Post by Thomas J » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:04 pm

That's a great looking car you have there. I really love your angry birds key trinket. Keep the wheels they suit the car the best.
i want lots of british cars got 1 want more

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:39 am

Thomas J wrote:Keep the wheels they suit the car the best.
This: I don't think I've ever seen a set of aftermarket wheels that look better than the ones that God (well, Rover) gave it
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Manalishi
Rover Guru

Post by Manalishi » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:57 pm

Richard Moss wrote:
This: I don't think I've ever seen a set of aftermarket wheels that look better than the ones that God (well, Rover) gave it
I agree. People tend to slab 17-18-19inch wheels on old cars forgetting they will still remain... old.

I think you have a lovely coupe there, stunning even. It's a classic and the original wheels look absolutely gorgeous on them. :)
Henrik
Rover 820 Vitesse Coupe 180bhp -93 (Italy)
Rover 827 Vitesse manual (non cat) -89 (Spain)
Lexus GS450h -13
Austin Seven Special -36
Gone:
Rover 820 ti -95
Rover 216 DOHC coupe -93
Rover 620 ti -98

Benjibear

Post by Benjibear » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:00 pm

I totally agree with keeping original wheels. The dilemma i have is that 3 out of 4 are badly corroded and i could really do with 2 new front tyres. The price of a refurb plus probably 240 pounds worth of decent front boots means that a aftermarket wheel and tyre package might be a better option!

I love the 90s shape of the Rover 800 and, this being my 4 Vitesse, have no plans to 'boy racer' it. I just want to do small things to make it uniquely mine, without straying too far from Rovers original design. So if I parked next to a standard one, you'd Ooooo and Aaaaah about the subtlety without being put off by a bodykitted and big wheeled monster!! :D
Benjamin

Bert3
Regular Visitor

Post by Bert3 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:08 am

Refurb using grit paper, rattle can silver & clear lacquer, and plenty of elbow grease .... as long as they're not badly curbed you'll be surprised at how good the end results can be.

As for the car ....... BRG coupe with grey leather, but fitted with the T16 / manual box ..... very jealous

Benjibear

Post by Benjibear » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:04 pm

For anybody who's interested, this car is up for sale on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-ROVER-82 ... 4612a9f924

Its sat forlornly on my drive for quite a while and now needs to go.

Ive done a fairly descriptive listing and its dirt cheap at £200. You only have to look at the above photos to see where it was 18 months ago and could be, with the love, time and money i, unfortunately, don't have any more.
Benjamin

Nuts4my827
Rover Guru

Post by Nuts4my827 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:10 pm

I snapped the bolt on my Thermostat the day before I drove to France for a 2 week holiday. 2 large jubilee clips and 4K miles later, and all is still good under the hood!
Phil B
95 827 Stirling: Nightfire Saloon.
96 Coupé 827 Manual White Gold.
97 Coupé 820 Vitesse Gunmetal.
99 820 Vitesse Nightfire Fastback. SERIOUS amount of welding done. Lived in a fettid garage for years.
EX 1994 Saloon Rover 827 SLi White Gold- RIP.

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:22 pm

Richard Moss wrote:
Although I'm a purist and a traditionalist I do like the split rims on Ricky's 825 fastback.
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.