My Coupe

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

pauleilio
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: My Coupe

Post by pauleilio » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:16 pm

Just a few niggles to sort out with the app and original rover relay has chatter that needs to be damped. Added support for 4 door model's. This is now not app dependant. It can be installed into a 800 with keyfob problems and can be operated with just the fob. The fob adding procedure is :-

Key in ignition
Hold down console fuel flap button until horn beeps
press horn button again and get one horn beep - means keyfob position 1
press again for 2, get 2 beeps, and again for 3, get 3 beeps, and again for 4, get 4 beeps, if required.

example would be
1. key in ignition,
2. long press on fuel flap button until horn beeps,
3. press fuel flap again to program keyfob 1, confirmed with 1 beep
4. if no keyfob is set for keyfob 1, press lock button on supplied keyfob.
5. doors will lock to confirm synced key fob.
the 2 extra buttons will default to fuel flap and boot.
6. if you wat to add another keyfob, the console fuel flap button can be pressed again to add keyfob 2 and will be confirmed with 2 beeps.
press the lock button and the door lock motors will try to lock again to confirm synced key fob.
7. if adding keyfob's is finished get out of programming mode by long press on boot release button until horn beeps.
8. test keyfob's
9. the 3rd and 4th button can be changed from default by entering programming mode again with key in ignition and long press on fuel flap
button until horn beeps.
10.select the keyfob you want to program by pressing fuel flap button to select fob 1, 2, 3 or 4 each time confirmed by same 1, 2, 3 or 4 beeps.
11.program 3rd button by briefly pressing the 3rd button to cycle functions, fuel, boot, horn, headlamps. the action is operated on each
button press and the last action is remembered for that button.
12.repeat step 11 for button 4.
13.long press on boot release to get out of programming mode.

All settings are saved to eeprom and are persistant after power loss or battery disconnection.

I have my 1st keyfob set for fuel and boot and the 2nd keyfob for horn and headlamp.

mercedade
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by mercedade » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:13 am

Still following this with interest. When it comes to the hardware required, what kind of installation is required? Is it cutting into an existing loom and easily reversible, or is it more involved that that?

Looking forward to when the programmed hardware is available. As ever, good luck!
Adrian
1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (white gold)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (green)
Gone...1992 Rover Mk1 827 SLi Manual (green)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 825 Diesel (green)

pauleilio

Post by pauleilio » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:46 pm

thanks adrian i am in the process now of making another unit which will be more of a plug in item. I have found the same plug which feeds the central locking relay so the original plug comes out and this one goes in it's place. There is another plug which has door, boot sensors etc on it which is removed and I am sure I can source the same plug to go where that one came from. a pcb with pins on it can be attached to the plug that's removed. The fuel and boot switch has a new harness and can have a plug and socket. There is the invitable splicing of headlamp and horn wire, the ign feed and power feed can be fed by fuse holders that go into the cars fuse holder and have a wire attached, so yes it can be made to be reversible. The bluetooth module needs to be higher up in the dash somewhere and would be a plug in item

I will keep you posted