My Coupe

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Charles827si
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: My Coupe

Post by Charles827si » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:54 pm

I'm interested in this app as well. Will come in very handy for me I would think.
Charles 'Yorks'
"88 827si Fastback (manual) - Mum owned from new
"92 827 Coupe (manual)
"88 827sli Saloon (auto)
2011 Lexus IS220D F Sport
It's a stick shift? No, It's a grip shift!
ImageImage

pauleilio
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by pauleilio » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:25 pm

Hi all,

I could do with a second opinion on this project. I started this project to get my own Coupe out of trouble and just by what I have done so far, It is now out of trouble. I tried something today that I think is a way forward. I have already decided that I personally did not want the superlocking function and as that is not enabled any more on my car, I know I can't get locked out. My other problem was broken key fobs, I have a solution for that and a receiver on the way (it has been tested with a cheap and nasty keyfob and works). Today I sent back to the Rover CCU what it would expect to see if I was to lock the car with the key. Rover claim that if it is locked with the key, only the key is required to dis-arm the car. If locked with the keyfob then the keyfob needs to be used to dis-arm. When I lock the car with the phone or from my keyfob I am telling the Rover it is locked with the key. The plus side to this is that the Rover alarm then kicks in and is dis-armed accordingly which means insurance issues are ok. Lazy locking works perfectly and control of interior lights can be given back to the Rover ECU and electric seats etc. To anyone fitting this to their own car means Two plugs from CCU disconnecting, one of them feeds to my CCU and there would be another plug to go back into that socket (mimicking lock from key and door opening). The other plug is power and central locking feed which just connects to my CCU. Still have to fit new Boot/Fuel harness and Tap into Horn and Headlamp wire, again at the Rover CCU. All the functions you have already seen on the App would still work.

Is this the way I should be going.

Look forward to your comments.

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:41 pm

Sounds straightforward enough.

one question: does anyone know for sure if locking with the key activates the immobiliser as well as the the alarm? I can't remember now - it's been a while.

i suspect that this kit may also be suitable for use with some/all mk1s. The later ones have a CCU but the early ones have a bundle of relays so it may need a little tweaking.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:03 pm

Locking with key sets the perimetric alarm and engine immobiliser but not the volumetric alarm on post 94 and pre 96. Post 96 will alarm perimetric, immobiliser is now passive so sets whether you lock the door or not but still wont set the volumetric unless you turn the key twice quickly which activates super locking.

Dave
1988 Sterling saloon 2.7 Auto Pulsar over gunmetal
1990 Sterling Saloon 2.7 Auto black over storm
1993 Coupe 2.7 auto white gold 1
2005 Ford Transit 2.4 lwb, Club van
2007 Jaguar X Type 2.2 manual Estate

pauleilio

Post by pauleilio » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:39 pm

Would superlocking be required, the volumetric can be incorporated without the superlocking. Superlocking is fed by 2 brown wires on the central locking plug on the CCU and on mine are now disconnected puerly because they are unreliable. Would everyone prefer superlocking enabled.

pauleilio

Post by pauleilio » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:41 pm

Does anyone know if volumetric is set after Lazy Lock?

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:00 pm

Again volumetric is set after lazy locking with the fob but not the key, as for superlocking I dont know anyone thats ever used it, including me, I'm willing to bet most don't even know its on the post 96 cars.

Dave
1988 Sterling saloon 2.7 Auto Pulsar over gunmetal
1990 Sterling Saloon 2.7 Auto black over storm
1993 Coupe 2.7 auto white gold 1
2005 Ford Transit 2.4 lwb, Club van
2007 Jaguar X Type 2.2 manual Estate

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:03 pm

So many decisions Paul, from a very basic view point of mine and not collective. I would think that if you can lock/unlock the car with alarm protection volumetric and perimeter with the immobiliser then that would be sufficient security for the car.

Although we all do treasure our cars I don't think they are that nickable yet, but you never know. I'm not really sure what you mean by super locking. I do know the lazy locking is useful but not sure about the super.

Just a side note to what you have magnificently achieved thus far, can you actually get into the ccu? i.e. look at the stored data etc. The reason for asking is a few members are experiencing the same fault being fans not cutting in until temp is very high (2.0 models only). Apparently these settings are held in the ccu and can only be accessed via T4 testbook?
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

Robert
Rover Guru

Post by Robert » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:12 pm

Super locking is rovers term for dead locking, turn the key to lock and hold it there for about 5 seconds and you will hear the locks deadlock so they can't be opened from the inside or out
'99 vitesse coupe Charleston Green , ‘03 MG ZTT 190+ Anthracite

pauleilio

Post by pauleilio » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:34 pm

Getting into the CCU is on the to do list, I quite agree that our beloved Rovers are probably not that nickable but think that volumetric should be set and optional in case of pets in the car. I may be able to code it into my CCU as it's easier to change than the App. The App will be in two versions, Master for the car owner with all settings and a lite App for family or freinds phone with just Handset PIN setting. I will make a new video this weekend and will have to get a PCB made as the hardware side is done. The boot open sensor will have to have a level conversion from 5v to 12v logic due to the boot light but I have a spare input now as the alarm LED will stay as it was.

pauleilio

Post by pauleilio » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:21 pm

Just finished volumetric setting but not successful, on my car anyway. double press on key fob or app changes the behaviour of the alarm LED from flashing quickly to solid red, but does not appear to set the volumetric. Anyone know the Alarm LED behaviour from keyfob. Now configured to use the original Key Fob as well as aftermarket.

pauleilio

Post by pauleilio » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:17 pm

Totally messed up with my last post, apologies to all who pointed me in the right direction and I totally misunderstood. There is no volumetric when you use the key, I get that now. Also found out that slam lock set's perimeter which is ok. Status is, lock with key, aftermarket fob, phone, set's perimeter alarm only (thanks Dave). Original keyfob, which can be used in conjunction with all of other's set's volumetric. I am going to look into whether I can use the ultrasonic and arm it when it is locked with phone or aftermarket keyfob. The aftermarket keyfob is decoded now in software which makes it a little bit more secure and works very well. 2 extra buttons for boot and fuel flap.

pauleilio

Post by pauleilio » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:59 pm

Hi to all, The app is now available free on the Google Play Store. I know it won't do anything for you at the moment as I am still working on making up a kit, i.e, PCB, loom and a full schematic.

Features -

Lock and Unlock from Android phone
Remote release of boot and fuel flap
Remote Horn Sound
Remote Headlamp (torch)
Use's aftermarket Key Fob if required.
Allows use of original Rover Key Fob
EKA code entry
Central locking diagnostic's
PIN setting
Bluetooth Pair code change (renames module name to Rover)
Courtesy light on when ignition just turned off.
All other car functions working as was
Lazy Locking supported from all key fobs and phone
Remote boot and fuel flap from aftermarket key fob
Remembers where car was when it was last locked (if phone has found an address)
Emergency Lock or Unlock if phone left in the car and awake via text message from another phone
Permetric Alarm setting from phone and aftermarket Key Fob.

There are 2222 incompatible phones out there and over 6000 compatible phones. If you have a problem finding it on the Play Store please message me and I will try to send a copy to you directly.

Just search the Play Store for Rover 800.

It is totally free to download and install, all I would ask, and no obligation whatsoever, if you like what you see and would like to help me fund the creation of a small batch of printed circuit boards to make up some kits, I would gladly accept a donation through Paypal to my email address, but must stress that there is no obligation whatsoever. As there are a small number of us, I never expected to make an earning out of this and am happy to help keep our Rovers on the road. I have created another version for a Vauxhall Frontera and intend that to be a paid for app on the Play Store.

many thanks to all for bearing with me in the project

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:04 pm

I have been following this with interest, although I don't really understand it!! You are very clever and have done a great job. Will you be able to make it for other platforms?
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

pauleilio

Post by pauleilio » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:38 pm

Thanks Simon, I would only be able to make it for windows mobile as apple don't allow you to make an app that uses serial protocol over bluetooth, which is a shame because there are a lot of Iphone users out there.

Kind regards

Paul