Rover Sterling Coupe for sale - non runner

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sterling-geezer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rover Sterling Coupe for sale - non runner

Post by sterling-geezer » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:00 pm

I’m reluctantly having to part with my V registered Sterling Coupe to make some space after she suffered the dreaded KV6 cam belt failure on boxing day last year – made harder to take because she was booked in to have the work done after Christmas. I had bought another Sterling saloon as an emergency car and possible engine donor, but she has just sailed through an MOT and is too good to break.

The coupe is racing green with a good grey leather interior, and had been MOT’d until April. She is complete apart from the remote fuel flap release motor, which gave out while I was still driving the car. She has 4 decent tyres and Vitesse alloys.

I’m open to offers for her – this really is reluctant but I need to make some space. I’m not after big money, I would rather that she went to a forum member or enthusiast who can either get her running or use her as a source of rare parts and save another 800.

Drop me a message if you’re interested or email me at circles_of_heaven@hotmail.com. Happy Rovering.
The car is a non-runner and will need to be trailered.

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rover Sterling Coupe for sale - non runner

Post by Very Tall Brad » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:21 am

I would be interested in this car. I already have two V reg Sterling Coupes in BRG but one is very rough looking and needs some panels and some trim parts. I think I could make one great car from two. Having a spares car in the same colour would also be useful.

I shall just work out some logistics - I assume the car is in Newport Pagnell - and get in touch asap. This would be my 200th Rover 800 since my first early in 1988.

Thanks,

Brad
No longer an 800 owner!