WANTED:OWNERS HANDBOOK:ROVER 800 VITESSE/TURBO SALOON

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dale Ansell
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

WANTED:OWNERS HANDBOOK:ROVER 800 VITESSE/TURBO SALOON

Post by Dale Ansell » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:12 pm

Seasons Greetings !

My partner owns an N Reg [25/04/96] ROVER 800 VITESSE SPORT TURBO 4 DOOR SALOON [Green] PETROL, MANUAL 5 SPEED GEERBOX

Called 'Grover'

It is his fourth Rover 800 Saloon he has owned in a row - but his first Turbo

He didn't get an Owners Handbook with the purchase and try as I might I can not find one for him on-line [or even a copy]

I have purchased the Haynes Service & Repair Manual for him for Xmas

BUT WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE OUT THERE THAT KNOWS OF AN OWNERS MANUAL FOR HIM OR CAN PROVIDE DOWN-LOADED COPY

I will pay a reasonable price

MEANWHILE HE HAS VERY LITTLE TIME TO FOLLOW HIS 'LOVE OF ROVER 800' being Self Employed and WORK/WORK/WORK so part of my Xmas Gift is Registering Him with Your Site.........so at least over Xmas.............[his only time off]...........he can chat to you chaps and chapesses

In anticipation of your help [or even if you could afford advice on how to disable the Alarm/Immobiliser 'cos our dawg keeps setting it off whenever he's left in Grover - even though tied to passenger door so he can't wander around the vehicle]

Would be most appreciated
    Dale Ansell [Sorry MX5 Icon aka 'Bullet' Gal myself]

SJG
    Site Admin
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: WANTED:OWNERS HANDBOOK:ROVER 800 VITESSE/TURBO SALOON

Post by SJG » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:15 pm

Welcome!

I am sure someone will have a spare owners manual, I don't think they were any different from model to model, but don't quote me on that. If you do not have any joy I might be able to find a copy for you.

To stop the alarm going off with your "occupant" just lock with the key, rather than the fob. Just using the key will not activate the interior sensor.

Good luck!
    Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

Dale Ansell

Post by Dale Ansell » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:52 am

Fantastic thought by partner -
    I'm a great fan of 800's has been a love affair over 12 years or so with four different beauties. 820 SI fastback BRG(1997), 820 SI fastback metallic greenish (1996/7), 800 auto saloon S reg and now, finally Fastback Vitesse in BRG 1995. I just love the turbo and the little whistle when a boy racer in a souped up buzz box tries to show off and recieves a little lesson in what constitutes a proper car.
    Seriously, its the one I've always wanted, very clean, very well looked after and all up to the normally expected Rover standards of mechanical reliability and "interesting" electrics.
    I'm just starting to explore this site and hope to contribute more of substance shortly
    Marcus

SJG
    Site Admin

Post by SJG » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:31 am

Welcome!
    Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

Dale Ansell

Post by Dale Ansell » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:24 pm

Dawg in Car - Many thanks for your response. This will help all those who use the local petrol station, Tesco's and the country pub where we occasionally have lunch with my parents. In this season og goodwill to all men I thank you on their behalf.
    Love your photos and will try to do the same once Grover has had a clean as don't do dirty photos on-line
    Marcus

Dale Ansell

Post by Dale Ansell » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:40 pm

:)
    Simon Hubbard wrote:Welcome!

Greetings Simon

As expected.........partner Marcus back to work, WORK, WORK !!!

After Xmas & New Year Break

[He's just moved 'Chambers' which hasn't helped]

I 'nagged' him to respond to your message over the break and when he did come up for air from Work he was like a 'kid in a candy store'

BUT I KNEW HE WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO CONTINUE !

SO ..............JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOUR ADVICE RE 'DAWG IN CAR'

SEEMS TO HAVE WORKED

[If you actually think about it............Common Sense..............DOH!]

It's Easy When You Know How !

Dropped Marcus off at train station the other day in Grover.........then took 'dawg' to Park

Then utilised your advice re 'Using Key to Lock Grover' NOT 'Electronic Pressie Key Devicee ThingmeBob'

[Don't you just love my Command of the Technical Language]

WELL IT WORKED !

I was only absent from Grover for 5-10 Minutes BUT ALARM DIDN'T GO OFF with Dawg in Car

I did this again..............NO ALARM !!

PROBLEM SOLVED [fingers crossed!]

BUT what I am MOST HAPPY about is that Marcus & Grover now have an Expert Site to ask any question

and you chaps n chapesses are Out There For Him & Grover

My Sincere Gratitude to yourself & members

Dale Ansell [Mrs] aka 'Carey'

I am sure someone will have a spare owners manual, I don't think they were any different from model to model, but don't quote me on that. If you do not have any joy I might be able to find a copy for you.

To stop the alarm going off with your "occupant" just lock with the key, rather than the fob. Just using the key will not activate the interior sensor.

Good luck!