Shaun's Vitesse

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Manalishi
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Shaun's Vitesse

Post by Manalishi » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:32 pm

Why is the chick in the white pants looking at the wrong car? :)

On the subject of Iridiums, I got a set recently but haven't fitted them yet as I'm so lazy... I've read that they work better on the older dizzy models, especially the Vitesse 180bhp? After reading this I might get out there tomorrow making the swap. Sorry Jesus.
Henrik
Rover 820 Vitesse Coupe 180bhp -93 (Italy)
Rover 827 Vitesse manual (non cat) -89 (Spain)
Lexus GS450h -13
Austin Seven Special -36
Gone:
Rover 820 ti -95
Rover 216 DOHC coupe -93
Rover 620 ti -98

Slamm
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Slamm » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:07 pm

Manalishi wrote:Why is the chick in the white pants looking at the wrong car? :).
Think she was just making sure he didn't scratch the nice blue car whilst he was docking the Queen Mary :wink:
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Tue May 02, 2017 8:43 pm

Well, after changing the rubber throttle body mount for the third time I decided to take the plunge and buy one of the solid ones from Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222464224985? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Whilst out last week noticed it was ticking over a bit fast and sure enough the rubber and metal sandwich had parted company again so had to do a temp bodge with some cable ties.

Looks well made and fits perfect

New and old

Short test drive and everything back to normal, just hope there wont be any implications using a solid mount

Shaun
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Tue May 02, 2017 9:43 pm

Slamm wrote:Short test drive and everything back to normal, just hope there wont be any implications using a solid mount
I don't see why there should be any issues. I could never fathom why Rover used the rubber mount. It's not as if it contains a "hotwire" flow meter that could be damaged by vibration, unless this is a legacy thing from when they did...
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:33 pm

If memory serves Tom, the original Mk1 820 (and i think the Montego EFi) used a variation of the Lucas Hotwire system that was also fitted to some Range Rovers and SD1 VDP/Vitesse models.

That would explain the resilient mount to prevent transmission of vibration.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Wed May 03, 2017 2:46 pm

It's not the smoothest engine in the world and does vibrate a touch. Not overly concerned just wondered if there was something sensitive in the throttle body to make them use the rubber mount

Shaun
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback