New owner - H717 ELH - Vitesse

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Re: New owner - H717 ELH - Vitesse

Post by BlueRover » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:15 pm

Rover had a habit of tinting their silvers with another hue. Zircon has a definite green tint to it. I was surprised really when I got a rattle can made up at a local factors and sprayed a wing on my Mk2. At first I thought "what the hell ?" but when it dried and I put the lacquer on it blended really well. I was both surprised and pleased.
Also, Halfords ready to buy metallic red is a surprisingly good match for the early Nightfire red.
Last edited by BlueRover on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

Ray
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Ray » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:52 pm

:)
1990 827 Mk1 Vitesse Auto. AR\TWR body kit. Pulsar silver. ;)
1990 827 Mk1 Vitesse Auto. White Diamond. :)

Trev boy
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Trev boy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:14 pm

I can put your mind at rest now.The car didn't have a rear shunt.just the bumper was changed ,simply cracking to the fibreglass.it was removed and replaced.how do I know this?. I fixed it...wanna know no more,I've got more info.i was the owner before the man you bought it from

Trev boy
Regular Visitor

Post by Trev boy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:59 pm

I was the last owner before you bought it of someone else.there,s no problem on the rear end.i can let you know what I did to the car if you want

Trev boy
Regular Visitor

Post by Trev boy » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:44 pm

I'm having trouble contacting you.i was the last owner before the bloke you bought it of.can tell you some history if you want

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:06 pm

The car did have a rear end shunt in November 2011 but which only mashed the bumper as far as Martin, the owner at the time, was concerned. What happened was that the car behind him was rear ended into the Vitesse which caused all the damage. I was gutted for him at the time as I know he was very attached to the car, a car that I had owned for around 7 years.

FYI the car had interior damage when I bought it and the passenger seat and rear seats were ripped and chewed. The door cards were tatty and the dash wood was cracked. I replaced everything by cannibalising two Rover 820 cars - an 820 Special Edition and an 820 Turbo (Tickford). The wheels came from another car. The body kit was not factory fitted as this was never an option available to a new car buyer. The kit was fitted by the supplying dealer as these full kits were only ever available as an accessory.

I hope this clarifies a few points.
No longer an 800 owner!