Two Rover Vitesse's.

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Two Rover Vitesse's.

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:42 pm

Yesterday we took some lovely pictures of my brother's Rover SD1 Vitesse and my Rover 827 Vitesse together :D .
Right after this photo shoot both cars were put in hibernation for the winter ;). We hope you like them :D .

1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.
1982 Rover 3500 Vanden Plas.

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Two Rover Vitesse's.

Post by tonewheeldude » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:43 pm

Amazed there are no comments here - superb photos of two gorgeous cars. I saw the pics on flickr and commented there - its great to see these two cars nose to nose and makes for a very interesting comparison.

If only the 800 were available with a V8. I used to drive a P6B - by far the most enjoyable engine I have ever owned. The sound when ticking over (particuarly on grass) - the feel (i like how the car rocked when blipping the pedal and the nose lifted when accelerating) and the rush you got from overtaking ANYWHERE.
Rover 825 Sterling Diesel Coupe (1999)

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:27 pm

Super pictures, and lovely cars. I have put my Vitesse away for the winter as well.
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:38 pm

tonewheeldude wrote:Amazed there are no comments here - superb photos of two gorgeous cars. I saw the pics on flickr and commented there - its great to see these two cars nose to nose and makes for a very interesting comparison.

If only the 800 were available with a V8. I used to drive a P6B - by far the most enjoyable engine I have ever owned. The sound when ticking over (particuarly on grass) - the feel (i like how the car rocked when blipping the pedal and the nose lifted when accelerating) and the rush you got from overtaking ANYWHERE.
Hello :)

Yes i was a bit amazed too that there were no reactions yet. I was worried that i had said something wrong to somebody (couldn't figger out what) :oops:

The cars...Yes indeed some nice examples eh :D .
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:39 pm

Simon Hubbard wrote:Super pictures, and lovely cars. I have put my Vitesse away for the winter as well.
It is the best thing to do in winter if you have the opportunity.
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:20 am

Marc-827-Vitesse wrote:
tonewheeldude wrote:Amazed there are no comments here - superb photos of two gorgeous cars. I saw the pics on flickr and commented there - its great to see these two cars nose to nose and makes for a very interesting comparison.

Hello :)

Yes i was a bit amazed too that there were no reactions yet. I was worried that i had said something wrong to somebody (couldn't figger out what) :oops:

The cars...Yes indeed some nice examples eh :D .
You certainly have done nothing wrong or upset anyone on here, I have also felt the same when I have posted updates, especially about my coupe. I do think it is indicative of the way we have let the forum drift along and have done nothing to promote the 800. Yes we go to some shows and due to Alex we have a presence at the NEC and we have a limited amount of regalia, but this is under the pretext of us being a club, which we are not, and really we should not be at any of these events. Please don't get me wrong, I am as guilty as the next person, family, work and commitments have to take a priority. But, sadly, as a group we are not great.
Simon

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:34 pm

tonewheeldude wrote: I saw the pics on flickr and commented there -
I checked the Flickr page of mine but saw no reactions :? ?
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:39 pm

Simon Hubbard wrote: You certainly have done nothing wrong or upset anyone on here, I have also felt the same when I have posted updates, especially about my coupe. I do think it is indicative of the way we have let the forum drift along and have done nothing to promote the 800. Yes we go to some shows and due to Alex we have a presence at the NEC and we have a limited amount of regalia, but this is under the pretext of us being a club, which we are not, and really we should not be at any of these events. Please don't get me wrong, I am as guilty as the next person, family, work and commitments have to take a priority. But, sadly, as a group we are not great.
Ah oke i understand, thank you for comforting me ;) And i understand that people are busy but maybe a lot of people are active on Facebook in stead of the forum?
And as you said the NEC was very professional, maybe it will be better in the near future :D .
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.

BennyVitesse
Rover Guru

Post by BennyVitesse » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:13 pm

and really we should not be at any of these events
Is that REALLY what you wanted to say there Simon? That we shouldn't be showcasing the 800?

WOW.
Ben

1996 Rover 111 Knightsbridge SE
2001 Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT
2016 Toyota Yaris Bi-Tone Hybrid
2017 Nissan Leaf 30kW Tekna

mercedade
Rover Guru

Post by mercedade » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:44 pm

BennyVitesse wrote:
Is that REALLY what you wanted to say there Simon? That we shouldn't be showcasing the 800?

WOW.
I think Simon just meant that we probably aren't 'entitled' to be there seeing as we're not actually a formal club.

As for my lack of commenting, it's usually down to the fact that I do most of my forum browsing at work (shhh) where they block access to photo hosting sites so I usually view the pictures later in the week, by which time all the comments I'd make have normally been made. Weak excuse I know.

That said, I've seen them now and WOW. Love them both, superb looking.

I miss my mk1 at times like this.
Adrian
1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (white gold)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (green)
Gone...1992 Rover Mk1 827 SLi Manual (green)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 825 Diesel (green)

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:15 pm

mercedade wrote:
BennyVitesse wrote:

WOW.
I think Simon just meant that we probably aren't 'entitled' to be there seeing as we're not actually a formal club.

As for my lack of commenting, it's usually down to the fact that I do most of my forum browsing at work (shhh) where they block access to photo hosting sites so I usually view the pictures later in the week, by which time all the comments I'd make have normally been made. Weak excuse I know.

That said, I've seen them now and WOW. Love them both, superb looking.

I miss my mk1 at times like this.
Sorry that you misunderstood my comment, this is exactly what I meant
Simon

BennyVitesse
Rover Guru

Post by BennyVitesse » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:59 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Simon.

As someone who's been at the NEC assisting the running of the stands, I can say, don't worry about 'entitlement' the NEC is all about showcasing the cars and getting the message out there to a wider audience that these cars are modern classics, from all the positive feedback given at the show, there is a lot of love for these cars. I only wish I could afford to run one again! Maybe when I am 35....
Ben

1996 Rover 111 Knightsbridge SE
2001 Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT
2016 Toyota Yaris Bi-Tone Hybrid
2017 Nissan Leaf 30kW Tekna

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:31 pm

BennyVitesse wrote:Thanks for clearing that up Simon.

As someone who's been at the NEC assisting the running of the stands, I can say, don't worry about 'entitlement' the NEC is all about showcasing the cars and getting the message out there to a wider audience that these cars are modern classics, from all the positive feedback given at the show, there is a lot of love for these cars. I only wish I could afford to run one again! Maybe when I am 35....
If you remember I have also attended and displayed my car at the NEC. Of course the cars should be showcased. We have had positive feedback during each occasion we have attended the show, but how have we followed that positive response up?

We have followed it up by doing nothing.

The forum sees less and less traffic, very few new members and has a only a handful of regular contributors.

THIS IS NOT AIMED AT ANYONE, IT IS JUST WHAT HAS HAPPENED.

Other reasons for making the post are that we should be promoting the car at events other than the NEC, other than Peterborough we don't go to events. We attended Peterborough as the Rover 800 owners club and with no public liability insurance (which we would have as a club), who would have been liable if an incident had occurred?

When I went to renew my insurance I would have received a discount of £40 IF I was a club member, a 25% discount.

And Marc, I am sure you did not expect this sort of response to your original post, and I apologise for hijacking it. I will not say another word.
Simon

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:31 pm

Simon Hubbard wrote:And Marc, I am sure you did not expect this sort of response to your original post, and I apologise for hijacking it. I will not say another word.
Oh that is fine Simon :wink: It is clear to me that we all share the same thing and that is that we want to make clear to the public that 800's are great modern day classic's :D .
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:06 am

Those two cars are absolutely stunning Mark. It would make so much sense having a V8 in an 800.
Imagine the boot badge !!! V800

They are a credit to you.

Nice one

Kate :(
D reg Rover 820Si Saloon. No space for a a saloon in this rootin tootin town
G reg Rover 820SE Fastback (my every day runabout) that ran off.
G reg Rover 827Si police Fastback (last Mk1 jam sandwich)
V reg Rover 825 Sterling Fastback (end of an era)