Scoobys 827 SLi - a new addition to the fleet!

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Tenesmus
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Scoobys 827 SLi - a new addition to the fleet!

Post by Tenesmus » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:01 am

Your fob problem might just be dodgy battery contacts.
Pete
Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Auto 2.5 and a 1998 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm. 827 has moved on...

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:45 pm

CHR15E wrote:In my experience no, mine was similar and I'm pretty sure you won't get that to work acceptably in the standard slot. I think it would need to be mounted lower in the console.

Then you'll have to watch for the gear knob/selector.

As a precaution I would buy one from someone who will accept returns just in case.
I think i might just pass on the idea of a flip out screen jobby then and either have a remote screen or no screen at all.

Tenesmus wrote:Your fob problem might just be dodgy battery contacts.
Tried that already but it hasn't improved things - the plating on the PCB where the batteries make contact seems very worn so may have to add a thin smear of solder to try that. If not then i'll fit an aftermarket alarm/immobiliser unit with an RF fob instead.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:10 pm

Not done much on the SLi since fitting the headlamp bulbs for various reasons although i did start investigating the wiper self-park. It's not the column switch anyway!

Today though i investigated and fixed the leak from the rad fan switch and changed the expansion tank for one that doesn't leak. No pics sadly as with the rad in place it's hard enough getting fingers in there, never mind a phone to take the pic with and we all know what an expansion tank looks like!!
Topped it up with fresh antifreeze as it seemed whatever was in there was predominantly water and ran it up to temperature. All seemed good on the leak front but blipping the throttle brought a puff of very black smoke, think i need to check (and probably renew) the air filter. It seemed a bit sluggish on the test drive so wouldn't be surprised to find the air filter is clogged.

More to come as and when i do bits and pieces! Hoping to get it in for MoT by the end of March but that's not set in stone.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable