827 Coupe

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

black_sterling
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

827 Coupe

Post by black_sterling » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:22 pm

Dear forum members,

ready for springtime, I want to proudly present my purchase, a 1993 Coupe.
The car has done about 100k miles, but has not been driven very much during the last year (after purchase, it got an oil flush, new engine oil and filter, and a new air filter).
After driving the Sterling 825 SL and the 825 SDi, I am looking forward to enjoy the pleasures of a Rover with the longest doors ever ;-)

Best regards,
Black Sterling

red1
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 827 Coupe

Post by red1 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:24 pm

Hi,
Looks great. Well done & enjoy.
Eric
Eric
N reg Sterling 4door 1995 8.27v6 mark 2a

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:10 pm

Great, another lovely coupe. Where are you located, the pictures show it as a left hand drive.
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:44 pm

Can you post up the chassis number and do you know if that front centre armrest is original, all the ones here came with a leather armrest, yours looks like a high spec Mk1 item.
Oh and welcome

Dave
1988 Sterling saloon 2.7 Auto Pulsar over gunmetal
1990 Sterling Saloon 2.7 Auto black over storm
1993 Coupe 2.7 auto white gold 1
2005 Ford Transit 2.4 lwb, Club van
2007 Jaguar X Type 2.2 manual Estate

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:59 pm

Is that a later airbag steering wheel too?
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:39 pm

I think the airbag was optional here from about 1992 onwards and mandatory in some EC countries about the same time Tom. Could be wrong on either or both of those points but fairly sure places like Sweden were doing airbags as standard long before we were.
I've known a couple of people who have had low speed accidents in which the airbags have deployed and been more injured by the airbags than they would have been by the accident!

Black Sterling - you've done a nice job cleaning it all up - enjoy!
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

black_sterling

Post by black_sterling » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:10 pm

Thank You all for Your kind replies!

The car is situated in Austria, the date of first registration is May 1993. I do not know if the center console is an original item, but it looks so?
The driver side airbag is original, the obvious SRS light is always on, I think I have to check the computer code before the next MOT.
I have replaced the infrared thingy on top of the windscreen and the matching fob.

I have already driven the car a few hundred kilometers on the motorway, where it excels, but also enjoyed the B-roads and around town.
Inside, the car is a very nice place to be, as already often mentioned here in the forum and in reviews elsewhere on the web,
it has a sort of "airy" (is this the correct word?) and "full of light" ambience, even on a cloudy day.
The interior has been taken care for by the previous owners.

Best regards,
Black Sterling

black_sterling

Post by black_sterling » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:19 pm

Fingers crossed, next week I will get my new 1994 827Si in BRG. One owner, 36.000 miles. :o
Looking forward... :D

Best regards,
black sterling

black_sterling

Post by black_sterling » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:29 pm

Happy days! Steel wheels because maybe snow chains will be required, when climbing up the mountain road in the alps!

Best regards,
Black Sterling

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:00 pm

Das ist ein sehr schönes Auto. ;)

That is one beautiful car! The coupe looks so creamy in that gold colour.
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.
1982 Rover 3500 Vanden Plas.

black_sterling

Post by black_sterling » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:42 pm

Marc,

danke sehr! :wink: Thank You very much! I appreciate Your Vitesse, and its stunning condition!

Maybe the green one will serve as a daily driver? So far the car is taking the load, albeit with a grain of salt! :roll:

Best regards,
Black Sterling

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:20 pm

To add to the international accolades in my best broken spanish :

moi bien, est perfecto

enjoy
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

black_sterling

Post by black_sterling » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:07 pm

Muchas gracias, thank You very much!

Enjoy Your Coupe, very nice!
I realize in Your country there is a lot less salt on the roads than here, better for the condition of the car,
at least when it stays mainly on the plain :wink: err, stay away from the coast. :roll:

Best regards,
Black Sterling

black_sterling

Post by black_sterling » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:09 pm

The BRG 827Si got its MOT recently,
with emission readings of CO 0.00 %, Lambda 1.00 and HC 24 ppm - Not bad for a 22 year old motor, I guess? :D

But unfortunately I got some advisories because of surface rust, apparently 22 years on salt covered roads have taken their toll,
i.e. at the rear axle, transverse links:

Additionally I have observed a somewhat carefree repair of the rear bumper fittings:

Hopefully I can do some serious rust proofing this summer, because, as mentioned before, I hope this car will serve as a daily driver for a while,
doing the less glamorous travels:

and hopefully will ease the burden on the Coupe:

Best regards,
Black Sterling

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:26 pm

I kept getting advisories for corrosion to my rear suspension, they do usually clean up pretty good though.

This is a before and after of mine, still very solid under all the crust.

Shaun
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback