midnite's new rims on the 827

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
midnite
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

midnite's new rims on the 827

Post by midnite » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:27 pm

right guys quick update on a few things, been collecting nos service parts for the v6 amongst other bits n bobs, been stripping the blue 827sli that i bought from london so a few pics of both. the rims are borbet carisma 7.5 x 16 et30 with 205/50/16 tyres, they stick out a bit the front is in a dip on the drive so looks a bit meh, and will do a bit more with the 225s on but the kit is to be fitted as well, i like em, test fit only as suspension will be done, and other stuff.
ImageImage[URL=http://s245.photobucket.com
ImageImage
fleet now includes
89 827 sterling auto saloon grey dead and gone
90 827 sli auto saloon pulsar silver
91 820 i special edition flaming hell red
99 820 vitesse turbo sport manual nightfire rust sold to a better owner than i

Slamm
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: midnite's new rims on the 827

Post by Slamm » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:34 pm

I think they suit the car quite well, fairly simple design go with the straight edges of the mk1. Should have a nice stance with them being a bit wider, once that wheel arch gap is sorted :wink:

Do tend to notice the tram lines in the road a bit more though.
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:40 pm

Slamm wrote: once that wheel arch gap is sorted :wink:
I was going to say bonnet-wing gap
The wheels look good - neat and simple. The =y suit the car nicely.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

midnite
Rover Guru

Post by midnite » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:47 pm

cheers guys, yeah the arch gap is awful, but its due partially to a slight dip in my parents drive, so it makes the wheel drop down, also i just jacked it back down so it didn't settle, and the bonnet is popped as she's running due to me changing the battery and giving her a warm up. so when i get the twr kit and suspension fitted she should be good, also have the mk1 prestiges to go on there as well, so can swop from aftermarket to oem every now and again as love both wheels.
fleet now includes
89 827 sterling auto saloon grey dead and gone
90 827 sli auto saloon pulsar silver
91 820 i special edition flaming hell red
99 820 vitesse turbo sport manual nightfire rust sold to a better owner than i

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:21 pm

You're forgiven for the bonnet, then :)
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT