'99 Vitesse Rescue

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: '99 Vitesse Rescue

Post by tonewheeldude » Sun May 31, 2015 9:57 pm

My diesel coupe was in similar condition and were snapped too (photos somehere in the thread). I brought a few sets of arms which all proved to be worn, but the retaining clips for MG worked well:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161156125137

If you cant find a good arm I am sure I still have the worn ones that will need clips, but are better than what you have! I probably also have the triangle shaped mechanisms.
Rover 825 Sterling Diesel Coupe (1999)

Bigsimon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: '99 Vitesse Rescue

Post by Bigsimon » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:08 pm

Nothing much to report this week, except i got in it last night and was trying to see why rear passenger window will only open in 1 inch increments and i opened the sunroof.......Cue hilarious scenes as it then refused to close again :roll:
So thank you to Richard C and many others for the thread on resoldering the fuse box.
Mine looked ok with no obvious dry joints , but twenty minutes later it was all resoldered anyway.
Its nowt to look at and wont win any awards for tidyness, but when it was all plonked back together everything works. I even managed to coax the rear windows into working properly :mrgreen:
So thats it for this week, chuffed at a minor success that was free :wink: