My new vitesse

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: My new vitesse

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:19 pm

Well done Thomas - i know you've been looking for a long time and i think it's safe to say it was worth the wait!

What Tom (traineefarmer) says about under-used cars is right though so treat it gently until you're more sure of it's reliability.

Little suggestion about the drivers seat bolster - why not remove the drivers seat (and front passenger seat if you plan on regularly carrying passengers) and replace them with either a slightly rougher pair of Recaros (if you can find them) or a pair of normal 800 seats for "everyday" use and refit the nice Recaros for shows etc? Yes it's probably a long winded way of doing things but saves having to shunt the seat back and forth all the time which could itself excessively wear the adjuster mechanism.

It's a lovely looking car though! :wink: :mrgreen:
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

Thomas J
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Thomas J » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:17 am

dollysprint wrote:I dont know what you paid for that but it was a bargain whatever it was, that looks absolutely cracking. Enjoy.

Dave
Thankyou its been a long while since I have had a Vitesse so I am looking forward to it
i want lots of british cars got 1 want more

Thomas J
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Thomas J » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:22 am

vito wrote:Stunning, and that drivers seat is mint, Recaros always look purposeful in these saloons and fastbacks - good luck with the MOT and enjoy.
Thankyou I will keep everyone updated

Thomas J
Regular Visitor

Post by Thomas J » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:23 am

mercedade wrote:That's a beaut. Nicely bought.

Regular updates please!

(so, so jealous)

Thanks I will keep it as clean as I can and I will be putting regular updates on

Thomas J
Regular Visitor

Post by Thomas J » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:26 am

rovercoup wrote:Love these cars and I am totally green with envy, she is a real beauty and one that deserves to be shown all over the country, enjoy it and if you ever think of selling let me know.
Thanks I am hoping to go to POL next year with it. I have been twice with my 75 launch car but my dad also has a 75 launch car aswell so maybe he can take that and I can take the vitesse,Im hoping that I will never need to sell but I will keep you in mind if I ever do

Thomas J
Regular Visitor

Post by Thomas J » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:28 am

traineefarmer wrote:That is almost too nice to use. I say almost, because part of the pleasure of 800s is driving them!

A fantastic buy, but be careful with putting such a low mileage car back to regular use. Some of the most unreliable secondhand cars can be one that have not been used enough.
Thanks It will be used as thats what they were made for.

I have good RAC cover so if the worst happens I can get it brought home. Im hoping that it will be ok as the 800s generally do seem to be very relaible but only time will tell. Thanks again Thomas

Thomas J
Regular Visitor

Post by Thomas J » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:30 am

midnite wrote:now that is a nice vitesse, infact best one I've ever seen in the right colour too.
Thanks I appreciate that Ill keep it as clean as possible.
It wont be an everyday work car so I can spend some time keeping on top of the things that will need doing

Thomas J
Regular Visitor

Post by Thomas J » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:34 am

scoobyh123 wrote:Well done Thomas - i know you've been looking for a long time and i think it's safe to say it was worth the wait!

What Tom (traineefarmer) says about under-used cars is right though so treat it gently until you're more sure of it's reliability.

Little suggestion about the drivers seat bolster - why not remove the drivers seat (and front passenger seat if you plan on regularly carrying passengers) and replace them with either a slightly rougher pair of Recaros (if you can find them) or a pair of normal 800 seats for "everyday" use and refit the nice Recaros for shows etc? Yes it's probably a long winded way of doing things but saves having to shunt the seat back and forth all the time which could itself excessively wear the adjuster mechanism.

It's a lovely looking car though! :wink: :mrgreen:
thankyou yes I have been looking for a long while well remembered :)
That might be an idea thankyou regarding the seat situation. I will only be using the car at weekends and swapping use with my other love my rover 75 launch car so both cars will be used but then the miliage will only go up slowly

deano
Rover Guru

Post by deano » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:41 pm

Or you could get a black seat cover....

I recommend treating the leather to soften it up anyway
I've used black boot polish too in the past but you got to leave it a good 24-48 hrs to dry otherwise you'll get it all over your shirt :-(
1993 Rover 827 SLI Fastback Mk2
1999 Rover 825 Sterling Saloon Mk2 (HGF)
------------------
Previously
1996 Rover 825 Sterling Coupe Mk2
1993 Rover 827 Sterling Saloon Mk2
1990 Rover 827 Sterling Saloon Mk1
1972 Rover P6 2000TC

midnite
Rover Guru

Post by midnite » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:55 pm

what i will say though, and i say this to all vitesse owners when they join up, when you break it, il have the recaro interior. it hasn't worked yet, but you never know.
fleet now includes
89 827 sterling auto saloon grey dead and gone
90 827 sli auto saloon pulsar silver
91 820 i special edition flaming hell red
99 820 vitesse turbo sport manual nightfire rust sold to a better owner than i

Thomas J
Regular Visitor

Post by Thomas J » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:20 pm

deano wrote:Or you could get a black seat cover....

I recommend treating the leather to soften it up anyway
I've used black boot polish too in the past but you got to leave it a good 24-48 hrs to dry otherwise you'll get it all over your shirt :-(
thanks I have gliptone which i use on my 75s leather so I will use that

Thomas J
Regular Visitor

Post by Thomas J » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:21 pm

midnite wrote:what i will say though, and i say this to all vitesse owners when they join up, when you break it, il have the recaro interior. it hasn't worked yet, but you never know.
Thanks but this will never get broken. If it breaks then I will fix it,sorry but I now have the disposable income to sort any problems. Plus I promised the owner id never break it and I am going to stick to my word :)

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:29 pm

Wow that looks brand new! Enjoy your lovely Vitesse!
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.
1982 Rover 3500 Vanden Plas.

Andrewg11rover

Post by Andrewg11rover » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:42 pm

That is one tidy beast. I'm envious.

I love the shape.

A

Thomas J
Regular Visitor

Post by Thomas J » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:52 pm

Marc-827-Vitesse wrote:Wow that looks brand new! Enjoy your lovely Vitesse!
Thankyou I will enjoy it