guy fawkes vitesse turbo sport 200 collection by midnite

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

mercedade
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: guy fawkes vitesse turbo sport 200 collection by midnite

Post by mercedade » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:50 am

Yep - absolutely impossible to find in the UK. You might have some joy if you can navigate some of the European parts sites, but by the time I'd factored in shipping, it just wasn't worth it.

However, I did discover that the only regularly (if not commonly) listed backbox which has the correct bore is for the diesel. Every Vitesse backbox currently listed in the UK is too small for a Vitesse built in '98.
Adrian
1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (white gold)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (green)
Gone...1992 Rover Mk1 827 SLi Manual (green)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 825 Diesel (green)

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:15 am

In that case :

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Rover ... 42f&000536
Diseasel back box ^^^^^

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Rover ... c9a&000430
Diseasel centre section

The good thing is diseasels hate back pressure although they need a small amount to build up pressure to spool the turbo up so should hopefully be a good match for the Vitesse turbo.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

traineefarmer
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by traineefarmer » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:44 pm

mercedade wrote:However, I did discover that the only regularly (if not commonly) listed backbox which has the correct bore is for the diesel. Every Vitesse backbox currently listed in the UK is too small for a Vitesse built in '98.
This is correct to a point. In my research Rimmers helped me to confirm that the diesel has a 60mm or thereabouts bore, as does the KV6 and it does appear that both will fit straight on to the vitesse centre pipe. The only other differences are the KV6 has a small extra resonance chamber and the diesel has different tail pipes.

The thing to beware is that this only seems to be the case for GENIUNE PARTS and sadly I found these to be prohibitively expensive from rimmers. Many if not all of the after market units are 56mm bore and the same rear section is specified for the whole range.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5