Manalishis 820 Vitesse Coupe

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Manalishi
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Manalishis 820 Vitesse Coupe

Post by Manalishi » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:14 pm

This is my new toy. It is a 1995 model Vitesse 180bhp with about 110k miles on the clock. (Edit: The chassis number makes it a -93, not a 95 even though it is registered as a -95.) Apparently the coupe was available on the continent with 180bhp and this is imported from Italy to Sweden. My plans are to keep it in a tidy 'semi' original condition by putting on Vitesse Sports 17 inch rims and later rear lights. I will also get a new tidy non-eu marked license plate. There are a few scratches and marks but nothing unexpected on a 14 year old car.

The first thing is to colour the top of the bumpers black. The front is done and the result is great! Unfortunately the rear bumper is cracked so it needs more attention.

As it was after the first wash:

T16 with weeping right hand corner. Not too bad it appears. Not burning much oil and that is comforting. I believe however the gear box bearings are worn as it is a lot mor noisier than my 620 ti was. Time will tell.

Boot, apparently the rear seat is not 60/40 as in the saloon. I assume there has been a carpet behind the rear seats but it's missing.

Front bumper painted. Looks alot better. I didn't even notice this until someone here at the forum pointed it out. The black line flows better around the car now, and it looks lower aswell.

Interior. Don't pick on me for the "walnut" surroundings on the lock hatch. The oe hatches were split and i ordered these believeing the were substitutes. But they are made of thick softish plastic. But they do what they're supposed to: they cover the cracked hatch and keeps it in place.

The gaiter is missing but I've ordered a new one, a cream. If it looks ok it stays, otherwise it will be replaced with a black. The knob is a useless piece of crap, but it stays on for now.

Last edited by Manalishi on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henrik
Rover 820 Vitesse Coupe 180bhp -93 (Italy)
Rover 827 Vitesse manual (non cat) -89 (Spain)
Lexus GS450h -13
Austin Seven Special -36
Gone:
Rover 820 ti -95
Rover 216 DOHC coupe -93
Rover 620 ti -98

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:38 pm

Nice coupe! I actually do not think the lock latch looks too bad in the pic. Hope the gearbox bearings hold out for you to enjoy it well :)
Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

The Flying Dutchman
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by The Flying Dutchman » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:49 pm

Nice one. 8)
And you did well with the paintjob.
Job.

'73 P5B Sal.
'94 220 Coupe
'96 220 Coupe
'95 827 Coupe
'97 820Si
'99 600SDi Classic
'69 Herald 12/50

Manalishi
Rover Guru

Post by Manalishi » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:48 pm

Thank you! However I'm not too confident in it lasting. (the paintjob) Hopefully it will and all is well. :lol:

Hopefully the bearings will stay in for some time. I'm planning on doing a gearbox oil change next week as I really don't know the state of the oil. I'm not driving that much or hard now before I've got it well serviced.

I will need to look att the fusebox aswell as there are some issues with the electrics. The passenger window doesn't work (it did when I bought it) and the sunroof is playing tricks aswell. So I'm not using those at all.
Henrik
Lexus GS450h -13
Austin Seven Special -36
Gone:
Rover 820 ti -95
Rover 216 DOHC coupe -93
Rover 620 ti -98

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:29 pm

Will look 8) when you get the Vit sports on
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:01 pm

Do any pre 96 facelift turbo cars exist in the UK?
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:18 pm

Looks like you've done a good job on the bumper, now you just need to do the rear one, though it didnt look too bad before.

Nice but strange boot mat, never seen one like that before.
Manalishi wrote:...putting on Vitesse Sports 17 inch rims and later rear lights...
Not you aswell.......... :roll: :x :?

Lord Sterling

Kyle
Rover Guru

Post by Kyle » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:24 pm

CHR15E wrote:Do any pre 96 facelift turbo cars exist in the UK?
I haven't seen any pre 96 Vitesse Coupes, nor 820 nasp coupes.

It has all the pre 96 interior, maybe it was intended to be a 2.7, but changed on the spec.

Seems strange as to why these cars were available abroad, yet not here.
Last edited by Kyle on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2000 Audi TT 1.8T 225 Quattro Silver.
1996 Rover Vitesse Coupe - the new towcar

Kyle
Rover Guru

Post by Kyle » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:26 pm

Lord Sterling wrote:Looks like you've done a good job on the bumper, now you just need to do the rear one, though it didnt look too bad before.

Nice but strange boot mat, never seen one like that before.
Manalishi wrote:...putting on Vitesse Sports 17 inch rims and later rear lights...
Not you aswell.......... :roll: :x :?

Lord Sterling
You can't complain about this one m'lord as its a turbo, not a v6 !
2000 Audi TT 1.8T 225 Quattro Silver.
1996 Rover Vitesse Coupe - the new towcar

ken6760

Post by ken6760 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:31 pm

Looks like a rare beast!! Never seen or heard of one like that in the UK.
I always thought the Vitty Coupes were introduced in 1996 with the 197bhp wasted spark unit!!
Nice car btw!!

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:28 pm

I think there is a hardboard panel and piece of carpet, i say i think, i can look tomorrow at mine and take a picture.
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

Rusko
Regular Visitor

Post by Rusko » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:55 am

Lord Sterling wrote:Not you aswell.......... :roll: :x :?
Kyle wrote:You can't complain about this one m'lord as its a turbo, not a v6 !
Maybe I'll keep quiet about now :roll: :lol:

Manalishi
Rover Guru

Post by Manalishi » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:25 am

Lord Sterling wrote: Looks like you've done a good job on the bumper, now you just need to do the rear one, though it didnt look too bad before.
Actually I finished the rear one last night and it looks fantastic. Hmm. Almost. :lol:
Lord Sterling wrote: Nice but strange boot mat, never seen one like that before.
I don't think the mat itself is original as the patterna is different from the sides and it looks very new. The thick harboard under it must however be.
Lord Sterling wrote: Not you aswell.......... :roll: :x :?

Lord Sterling
Haha... :lol: I knew this was coming from reading some other posts... :oops: Frankly in principal I agree with you, I like to see classic cars brought back to original state. BUT, this is a Vitesse model and my rims/tyres are totally f***ed up and the rear lights are cracked, and my opinion is that the car looks a lot better with the 17 rims and smoked lights. Plus, it's only a matter of minutes to bring it back to original state.
Simon Hubbard wrote:I think there is a hardboard panel and piece of carpet, i say i think, i can look tomorrow at mine and take a picture.
Yes please do. I'm interested in how it should look as I'm trying to get back to original.
Simon, I spotted your car earlier and it looks absolutely gorgeous! Did you colour-code the front lower bumper part? The car looks very modern and more aggresive with it painted. I think I will be doing that aswell. :idea:
Henrik
Lexus GS450h -13
Austin Seven Special -36
Gone:
Rover 820 ti -95
Rover 216 DOHC coupe -93
Rover 620 ti -98

Nuts4my827
Rover Guru

Post by Nuts4my827 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:31 am

Yes, it's a covered board that goes behind the back seat. The Boot mat should be the same as the Saloon in shape. What you are also missing is the little triangular pieces of Carpet that go behind the centre console....

Do you want some? I have them you can have. PM Me your address etc...
Phil B
95 827 Stirling: Nightfire Saloon.
96 Coupé 827 Manual White Gold.
97 Coupé 820 Vitesse Gunmetal.
99 820 Vitesse Nightfire Fastback. SERIOUS amount of welding done. Lived in a fettid garage for years.
EX 1994 Saloon Rover 827 SLi White Gold- RIP.

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:54 am

Lights and wheels etc. are no problem - they can easily be removed and the car returned to normal. Of course, smoked lights look better so there's no reason to remove them.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT