Brad's red 827 Coupe

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Brad's red 827 Coupe

Post by Very Tall Brad » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:59 pm

It's a great car. Just needs too much money spending. Unless you can do it yourself.

The lovely thing about this car is it's originality. Never welded or painted anywhere.

Brad
No longer an 800 owner!

Alex SBY
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:51 am

Annoyingly I've got an excellent engine that could go in this. But as said, time, cost, other priorities makes it un viable.
One or two 800s...

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:26 pm

I have one too.
No longer an 800 owner!

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Is the fate of this one sealed now Brad?
One or two 800s...

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Alex SBY wrote:Is the fate of this one sealed now Brad?
Yes.
No longer an 800 owner!

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:57 pm

This car was to be scrapped and was collected by a friend of mine for such a fate last August. I didn't tell anyone, however, that it was returned to me quite quickly and has been under a dust cover in my garage ever since.

Dollysprint Dave took a look at the car last August and checked it out. There are no signs of Head Gasket Failure. I have flushed the engine and changed the oil and oil filter (twice) and the spark plugs. There is now no smoking. It just needed a good service and the old Italian tune up which I did in my garden - this consisted of a rock on the accelerator so it revved at around 5500rpm for ten minutes. Lovely.

Does anyone want it?

It still needs some welding on the outer sills, a windscreen, an MoT and the exhaust blow sorted (possibly at manifold). Don't forget it is pretty well original everywhere - paint, interior etc.

Ta-ra a bit.

Brad
No longer an 800 owner!