I've Sold My Sterling..........

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Seans Dad
Regular Visitor

I've Sold My Sterling..........

Post by Seans Dad » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:28 pm

Some of you may have seen my car listed on ebay over the last ten days, I know Chris did, as he enquired about having it for his father, but decided against it in the end, which I do not hold against him in any way.

Anyway, the listing ended yesterday with the car not reaching it's reserve price, but within an hour of it ending, I'd had an email from a chap who'd seen the listing, and was VERY keen on having the car. After a lot of bartering, we both agreed a sale price of £575, and the new owner has paid me a £100 deposit to secure the sale. It will be picked up by him on 18th Jan, as he has work commitments until then, and he also lives in Surrey (nr Guildford) so will be coming down to Wiltshire on the train.

I will be so sorry to see the Sterling go, as I've loved every minute of ownership, and it's been a joy to drive and work on.

I also sold my wife's Ford Ka today, on ebay, and the new owner collected it within a few hours of winning, and paid cash, £650, and took it away, happy with his purchase.

So, you may be asking, what am I doing for transport now? Well, we've replaced both cars with a new one.

I will take all the snobbery remarks firmly on the chin......... :lol: :lol:

I'm now the proud owner of a Mercedes Benz...............a C Class estate to be precise.

It's a 1999 T reg'd C240 Sport, with 82,000 miles from new, a full M/B service history, but with an MOT only til April 2010, but it will sail thru the next one easily.

The price I paid?.............just £2000...........yes, £2000. We bought it from a close friend who buys & sells cars for a hobby. He's made no money from us in selling the Merc to us, as it would easily fetch £3000 in today's market.

I am over the moon with it, and it's the 1st Merc I've owned. The neighbours curtains were twitching overtime when we arrived home with it this afternoon!!

Anyway, I will post a few pics of it once the weather improves, and I'll still pop my head in here from time to time, and hope that I'm still "part of the family" !!

And that's it for now...................

Dan.
1999 Mercedes C Class C240 Sport Auto Estate.

Previous Rovers: '94 827 Sterling Fastback Auto, '91 820si Fastback Auto.

http://www.mgt-dist.co.uk

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:27 pm

Feel free to visit any time
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable